(Trying this again..) - ISO quality speakers for mixing audio. Budget about 500 CAD.
Aug 21, 2012 at 1:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

NinjaSushi2

100+ Head-Fier
Here is a post from my buddy on another website but I feel you guys maybe able to answer his questions better. Thanks again guys!
beerchug.gif

I'm looking into what bookshelf speakers are absolutely fantastic. The purpose is for music mixing, and for general enjoyment. So I'm looking for a pair of bookshelf speakers that are self-powered, that definitely deserve a sound card, that are designed for studio work and the like.

I was thinking the KRK VTX6 speakers might be good at $500 per? They seem a tad bit on the large size though, so maybe I should go smaller.

I used to be a bit of an audiophile on a budget. Since then I've sold off my speakers (didn't need them, and a well powered receiver really heats up a room). The two speakers that come to mind that really impressed me were the Kef Q-series, and the Energy RC series. Though these were designed for home theatre systems and the like.

Aug 21, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Here is a post from my buddy on another website but I feel you guys maybe able to answer his questions better. Thanks again guys!
beerchug.gif

I'm looking into what bookshelf speakers are absolutely fantastic. The purpose is for music mixing, and for general enjoyment. So I'm looking for a pair of bookshelf speakers that are self-powered, that definitely deserve a sound card, that are designed for studio work and the like.
I was thinking the KRK VTX6 speakers might be good at $500 per? They seem a tad bit on the large size though, so maybe I should go smaller.
I used to be a bit of an audiophile on a budget. Since then I've sold off my speakers (didn't need them, and a well powered receiver really heats up a room). The two speakers that come to mind that really impressed me were the Kef Q-series, and the Energy RC series. Though these were designed for home theatre systems and the like.

I myself would not know which to choose.
The websites avsforum and avforum should have some knowledgeable people.

Aug 21, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #3 of 4
Consider the Behringer 2030A, they're very neutral and one of the best deals in low-priced active monitors.

Aug 21, 2012 at 4:21 AM Post #4 of 4
I'd take a trip to some place like Guitar Center and audition the various studio monitors they have - that'll be better suited for mixing. Personally I like Mackie, Genelec, and to a degree, Yamaha. M-Audio also makes some good models, but I don't think they're equally on the level of Mackie (some of their stuff is less awesome).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back