Trying out the SE530 in Manhattan
Mar 20, 2009 at 9:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

huxbnw

New Head-Fier
Apologies for the very specific question, but is there a store in Manhattan where I can try the SE530s before purchasing? I can bring my own tips. Thanks so much.

Mar 20, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #2 of 7
I think most Apple stores have Shure products, and they must have the 530s in this place Apple Retail Store - Fifth Avenue!
biggrin.gif
And even if they don't, it was still worth the trip!
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 20, 2009 at 11:05 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by radagast85 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think most Apple stores have Shure products, and they must have the 530s in this place Apple Retail Store - Fifth Avenue!
biggrin.gif
And even if they don't, it was still worth the trip!
tongue_smile.gif

I've been there plenty of times. They only have crappy BOSE earphones out and beats by dr.dre earphones too. I'm not sure they'll let you audition $500 earphones.....1. for health reasons and 2. for high value.

Mar 21, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #4 of 7
Yeh the Apple Store on 5th Ave is nice. Huxbnw, Im going to buy the Se530's at B and H audio/video on 9th Ave and 34th (i think) and if I dont like them, Im going to just return them and try something else. I heard on head-fi that they are also an easy place to deal with concerning returns. I doubt Ill have negative views though.

Mar 21, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #5 of 7
huxbnw, we have a big headphone meet tomorrow in Queens. Can you make it? There should be SE530s there. Check this thread.

-Ed

Mar 21, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Ng /img/forum/go_quote.gif
huxbnw, we have a big headphone meet tomorrow in Queens. Can you make it? There should be SE530s there. Check this thread.

-Ed

Darnit, I can't meet that one. I'll be at work. To answer the OP's question, try J&R. If they don't allow you, I don't know of any other store that would. But I don't think they would because of health issues. Try calling, first. Manhattan has some audio places, but they're mostly home audio equipment. Heck, I was lucky enough to even find my headphone amp at a store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back