Try DT770/80 first or go straight for Darths?
Mar 3, 2008 at 5:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Mush

100+ Head-Fier
as some of you know im considering the darths (its in my sig) what do you think? should i try the Dt770/80 first? im very sure im a basshead super fi 5 eb just not satisfying enough but good enuff for portable.

Mar 3, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #3 of 12
I have not yet had a chance to try the darthbeyers, but I got my dt770/80's about 2 months ago and they are amazing!! I suggest trying them first.. You may find that you like them just the way they are.

Mar 3, 2008 at 9:30 PM Post #4 of 12
bump anymore suggestions? i guess its still best to try the dt770 first =\

Mar 3, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #6 of 12
I would try the DT770's first because the sound is not for everyone (the DT770 sound that is) and I would assume that the Darth Beyers are an improvement upon that sound not a different sound altogether. I myself got a pair of DT770's and hated them and am glad I did not go strait to the Darth Beyers.

Mar 3, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #7 of 12
it is cheaper in the long run just to go to the darth first, but you will miss a very special phone. they were made for monitoring and do very well to replicate a very nuetral yet base-adequate phone. i love them and after shortening the cable, will not even bother with darths. i am not looking for a sweet sounding phone, i want the dt770!

Mar 3, 2008 at 11:59 PM Post #8 of 12
You might get lucky and find a DB for sale here. I remember seeing a very nice deal recently.

I wish I would have opted for a DB directly instead of paying $160 at Guitar Center then paying to ship them and that is what I tend to recommend because Larry's mod really makes a big difference. I state big difference because even after not hearing my 770 for several weeks it was very obvious that improvements had been made.

Mar 4, 2008 at 4:54 AM Post #9 of 12
gahh T_T i really wish i could do a comparison side by side......Anyone have both darths AND dt770 that can comment? well there is already some ppl in previous post commenting on the fact the darths is a BIGGGG improvement...anymore opinions? =]

Mar 4, 2008 at 6:27 AM Post #10 of 12
i think though the people who would continue to listen to a dt770 over the darth are different types. personally, i already have a modded dt880 and could not be more happy. the dt770 as i mentioned are such a no-nonsense design and full of stiff nuetrality. the darths make hifi phones. if you want to listen to lush mids and more textured bass, then go for the darths, but if you like the somewhat rough sound of the dt770, then you are another person. my sound engineer friend has heard both and for him, the darths are a no go.

i would love to own both or even just get another dt770. before i bought mine i was thinking same questions. i think it matters more on what you think you need or what type of listener you are.

Mar 4, 2008 at 6:49 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think though the people who would continue to listen to a dt770 over the darth are different types. personally, i already have a modded dt880 and could not be more happy. the dt770 as i mentioned are such a no-nonsense design and full of stiff nuetrality. the darths make hifi phones. if you want to listen to lush mids and more textured bass, then go for the darths, but if you like the somewhat rough sound of the dt770, then you are another person. my sound engineer friend has heard both and for him, the darths are a no go.

i would love to own both or even just get another dt770. before i bought mine i was thinking same questions. i think it matters more on what you think you need or what type of listener you are.

hm...from wat you say these are like two totally different cans all together...

Mar 4, 2008 at 7:24 AM Post #12 of 12
not totally different but one is more of a tool and the other is a hifi device. i prefer the tool version as i like less emotion in my music. emotion just makes the trance slow and ... something else.

ask skylab what he thinks of the darths. i tend to prefer the dt770 just because as i said, i like the more sterile sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back