Truth about Nordost Valhalla power cord
Oct 1, 2007 at 12:50 PM Post #106 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got headache from the Valhalla interconnect now. It's fatiguing because the attack and decay are gone.
I never got headache when I used Valkyrja. I'm surprised how huge the difference between Valkyrja and Valhalla is.

Valkyrja is the better cable then.

If i were to use only 1 core each for IC, would i get more detail and would the black background go "whiter"? Also noise would increase, right?!

Oct 1, 2007 at 12:50 PM Post #107 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know what to think about this latest turn of "truth", but it's most probably not a brain tumor since those rarely cause headaches.

Really, i thought they cause bad headaches. So do cheap cables.
tongue.gif

Oct 1, 2007 at 3:25 PM Post #108 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by tourmaline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Valkyrja is the better cable then.

If i were to use only 1 core each for IC, would i get more detail and would the black background go "whiter"? Also noise would increase, right?!

Yes, Valkyrja is better. It sounds grey, flat and boring but has more low-level details. As you can see in the pictures, nothing is emphasized with the Valkyrja and all the noise from the recordings are more apparent. Valhalla removes the background which makes it appear black and clean while boosting up the whiteness to give unreal sound!

[size=large]Valkyrja[/size]

tennis-court.jpg

[size=large]Valhalla[/size]

nighttennis_07miami_200.jpg

Oct 1, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #110 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i like that description. have you ever tried the heimdall.

I haven't tried Heimdall, but I know it's good since it has air dielectric.

The only interconnects I have tried are stock cable, Outlaw PCA, Van den Hul D 102 mkIII, Nordost Valhalla, modded Valhalla, modded Valkyrja.

The Van den Hul costs about 3 times more than the Outlaw PCA and they sounded almost the same. But with Valkyrja vs Valhalla the difference is night and day. Between the other cables and Nordost's cables the difference is even bigger.

10. modded Valkyrja
9. modded Valhalla
8. Valhalla
2. Outlaw PCA and Van den Hul D 102 mkIII
1. Stock

Oct 2, 2007 at 3:23 AM Post #112 of 177
you wire the cable directly to the DAC instead of using a connector. why? too much trouble to attach a connector or better signal transfer this way. are connectors bad/not as good in your experience.

Oct 2, 2007 at 3:38 AM Post #113 of 177
Quote:

you wire the cable directly to the DAC instead of using a connector. why? too much trouble to attach a connector or better signal transfer this way. are connectors bad/not as good in your experience.

The reason I didn't use connectors was because I didn't want to spend the money on them if I could solder the wires to the XLR pins for free instead. It saved me $10+.

If I'm going to solder the wires to the connectors anyway I might as well solder them directly to the pins. It's a little exhausting when being bent over on my knees in the dark, but eventually I make the wires stay on the pins. Sometimes they come loose and I just poke them back in.

Hardwiring gives better sound but I haven't tested the differences with interconnects. When I hardwired the headphones into my amp I got a huge improvement.

Oct 2, 2007 at 3:09 PM Post #115 of 177
patrick, if i was to use just 1 core for each channel, do i get more detail, will i loose body? I am thinking of modding the valkyrja IC, i want more detail, less blackness, wich seems to block fine detail.

Oct 2, 2007 at 4:27 PM Post #117 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc303 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are tourmaline and patrick82 the same person ?

why. because they both think that there is something better than radio shack cables.

go troll somewhere else!!!
mad.gif

Oct 2, 2007 at 4:52 PM Post #118 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by tourmaline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
patrick, if i was to use just 1 core for each channel, do i get more detail, will i loose body? I am thinking of modding the valkyrja IC, i want more detail, less blackness, wich seems to block fine detail.

Yes, you get more detail and less body.

Oct 2, 2007 at 5:05 PM Post #119 of 177
Quote:

why. because they both think that there is something better than radio shack cables.

go troll somewhere else!!!
mad.gif

boo hoo, pick your doll back up will you . at what point did i say anything about cables ? who give you the honour of forum police anyway ?

Ive already give patrick a test to which he failed misserably so its far from trolling.

i asked because the terminology used by tourmaline

Quote:

i want more detail, less blackness, wich seems to block fine detail.

which sounds exactly like what patrick has already posted.

blackness is a term used to descripe the background noise of equipment , if it is total black then it has no noise at all and thus will not block fine detail. What they are describing sounds like treble roll-off which would make it sound darker with a loss of fine detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back