Truth about Nordost Valhalla power cord
Sep 19, 2007 at 4:42 PM Post #16 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnGnome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Someone is defending Patrick and thinks he is sane?
blink.gif

Patrick knows what he is talking about.
I'm shure he understands a lot more about the workings of audio equipment than the vast majority on HeadFi.
He puts his money (and time and energy) where his mouth is (unlike a lot of us).

He may be eccentric, but he's not insane.
cool.gif

Sep 20, 2007 at 6:13 PM Post #19 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnGnome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Someone is defending Patrick and thinks he is sane?
blink.gif

You can either be insultive like you, or talk about it like addults. Both seems to be very hard for you!

Sep 20, 2007 at 6:15 PM Post #20 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by peelax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sure Tourmaline is Patrick
smily_headphones1.gif

No he isn't!

But, i also use Nordost cabels and KNOW how good they are! Also, alot of findings patrick found out, are the same as i found out after extensive experimenting with IC's and powercables.

Sep 20, 2007 at 6:17 PM Post #21 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tachikoma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Out of interest, have you considered DIY-ing your own cables using high quality raw wire?

Been there, done that. Some commercial cables have that something special, like Nordost and alot of people tried to copy those cables but never succeeded! They came close, but never quite right.

Sep 20, 2007 at 6:25 PM Post #22 of 177
Holy cow... I thought the OP was taking the piss... Seems it's real
blink.gif

Sep 20, 2007 at 7:48 PM Post #23 of 177
No Valhalla power cord for me. It sucks so badly compared to its price. ($3000 for lame build cables, no) Buy Purist Anniversary!

Sep 21, 2007 at 12:04 AM Post #24 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tachikoma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Out of interest, have you considered DIY-ing your own cables using high quality raw wire?

DIY-ing my own Valhallas would end up costing more because I would need to keep throwing away cables that I didn't plate properly.

2 years ago I modified the Vishnu thicker and it sounded far from Valhalla. The silky Vishnu flavor was still there no matter how many conductors I used, it just sounded heavier, but the special fake transparency wasn't there.
It has something to do with the silver plating depth and/or Dual Micro Mono-Filaments. Nordost was lucky when they found the Valhalla power cord recipe. Buying a Valhalla used is going to be cheaper than spending years in trying to find a better recipe. The tools for building the cables are $$$$$ as well.

Sep 21, 2007 at 12:26 AM Post #25 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too bad it only comes in pink.
I can't stand pink
frown.gif

It has to be pink, the pink is the sum of all freqs in audio, if it is not pink, it will not work as intended...the next Edition 11 will be pink...
wink.gif

Sep 21, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #27 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by tourmaline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can either be insultive like you, or talk about it like addults. Both seems to be very hard for you!

You are telling people to act like an adult when you can't even spell it?

Sep 21, 2007 at 7:48 AM Post #28 of 177
LawnGnome,
how many languages do you speak?

English is'nt Tourmaline's native tongue and BTW he speaks other languages as well, including Spanish - saves tonto.

I differ from Tourmaline, I'm not prepared to pay even s/hand for Nordost cables - making my own and coming close for what amounts to pennies, will do for me and lays the basis for what is more important - internal wiring and I/Cs.

Patrick is'nt crazy, just unusual and he does experiment and create, which is more than can be said for many of his critics who only use their mouths instead of their hands.

A lot of the things Patrick has done do work but if you don't try for yourself, how do you know - seperating conductors, experimenting with and without sheilding - cerrar la boca y probar.

Sep 21, 2007 at 12:12 PM Post #30 of 177
lol Patrick is a bit of a treasure. He gives a truly unique viewpoint which I find refreshing and humorous.

No way in hell I will spend that much on cables though. PS Audio power cords seem to give me respectable sound in my system. I need to upgrade the power supply and maybe my dac.

I use a Corsair 620W in my PC and yes Antec sucks big time. Talk about a dirty, failure-prone psu!

I seriously think that a good quality copper or silver cable is enough. I understand the "fake transparency" Patrick alludes to but not for $3000 thanks.

My wife would cave my sack in if I spent that much on a power cable.

Feel free to quote that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back