Truly exciting gear?
Mar 1, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #31 of 32
Another STRONG vote for Vinyl. Vinyl has three advantages. First, it sounds FANTASTIC. Second, it's a lot of FUN. And third, it will open you up to a whole new world of CHEAP music! 99 cent lossy downloads? Screw that! I get whole ALBUMS for 99 cents all the time at my local used record store, and they sound WAY better than even the 256k download single tracks you pay a buck for.

Mar 1, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #32 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to have to build a diaphragm tensioning table to rebuild all the panels. I've never done this before, but I think I can do it. I'm going to rebuild their power supplies and filter circuits with all new parts, too. But this will be an adventure and I'm looking forward to it. I know I'll end up learning a ton about how an ESL works and, hopefully, I'll wind up with great speakers at a bargain price.

uncle erik,

quads can be quite adictive, and well worth the effort for those who crave their sound.

please be really careful-- you will need a high voltage probe for your meter to be safe--- check old tv repair guys-- i've seen a tech get thrown across a room from their bias voltage!!!!!!!!! he lived, and demonstrated how quickly a motivated tech can get new test probes!

happy mod-ing!

mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back