true line out?
Apr 16, 2005 at 5:05 AM Post #3 of 13
What about the iPod? If you disable the EQ, it won't affect the sound at all.
wink.gif

In all seriousness, the only reason the EQ affects the line out is because it's done digitally before the signal is converted to analog. So the line out on the iPod is a "true" line out after all ...

Apr 16, 2005 at 5:10 AM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

What about the iPod? If you disable the EQ, it won't affect the sound at all.

Does the lineout level on iPod go up/down with volume control adjustments? Just wondering...

Peace,

Graz

Apr 16, 2005 at 5:16 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graz
Does the lineout level on iPod go up/down with volume control adjustments? Just wondering...

Peace,

Graz

No, it's only affected by the EQ for the reason I mentioned earlier.

Apr 17, 2005 at 1:10 AM Post #9 of 13
Any Sony MD (new Hi-MD's are great) have a dedicated line out, headphone out and optical in. With the next generation said to have optical out in addition to the other I/O's it should be an interesting year.

Apr 17, 2005 at 3:00 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beach123456
Creative NJB 3, I think that has two line outs.(I might be wrong)

Yeah, you're right.

I've had my NJB3 for 3 years now... The headphone jack is shot and the Line-out 1 is starting to act up... Now, I have to put my player into 4 Channel and use Line-out 2->Amp. Thankfully, I don't think it affects the sound. It seems like the same thing that comes out of Line-out 1 when set for 2 Channel.

Things like EAX will effect the line-out but, like mentioned, its because its done digitally.

If I'm wrong about any of this, please correct me
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 19, 2005 at 9:55 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by winged creature
Which DAP has a true line out, ie not effected by amp or eq?? are there any?

The answer is a reassuring "Yes". My Sony MD as well as my NW-HD3 have a proper line-out. It's the same socket as the headphones but, via a menu option, it changes to a full blown line-out disabling the players' volume control.

Handle with care though; plug in your headphones when it's set to "line-out" and you'll most likely damage them.

Re: iPod; my mate's does not have a line-out as such. He connects it to his hi-fi at maximum volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back