true adudiophile card?
Jul 13, 2008 at 11:05 AM Post #16 of 72
You could also check out the Echo range. I have the Echo Mia and never had any issues with both XP and Vista. Sounds good too.

Jul 13, 2008 at 12:36 PM Post #17 of 72
I must be in the minority who weren't impressed with the analog outs of the Juli@. I thought the headphone out of my old Sony Discman sounded better, and the Juli@ outs were being amped through an Arietta! Perhaps I'm underestimating the power of the Discman.

Jul 14, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #19 of 72
Another vote for the Echo range. I've had both the original and later versions of the Gina - mostly for music production, but the sound is great. Loved them both. Simple and do the business.

Jul 15, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #20 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by madwolfa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ASIO4ALL is not inferior, but native is always better. If you have it.
wink.gif

OOT,
my friend that's a paradox
tongue.gif

Jul 15, 2008 at 5:50 PM Post #22 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by stuge(original) /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So ,what do you think about creative sound cards ?

Good for gaming, not for music listening in my opinion.
When I swapped a Creative cart for the M Audiophile card, the sound improvement was remarkable.

Jul 15, 2008 at 7:01 PM Post #23 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiemen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good for gaming, not for music listening in my opinion.
When I swapped a Creative cart for the M Audiophile card, the sound improvement was remarkable.

ok thanks a lot
smily_headphones1.gif

now tell me which sound to go for if its M-audio ?

M-AUDIO

Jul 15, 2008 at 7:10 PM Post #24 of 72
^
I don't mean this unkind, but if you read this thread from page 1, I'll think you will read some answers.

Jul 15, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #25 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by stuge(original) /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok thanks a lot
smily_headphones1.gif

now tell me which sound to go for if its M-audio ?

M-AUDIO

I installed today the ESI Juli@ soundcart. Sounds better than the M-Audio Audiophile 2496, but it's not night and day.
If you want, you can buy my M-Audio cart. I bought it new, and it's a few months old.

Jul 16, 2008 at 2:51 PM Post #27 of 72
The Audiotrak Prodigy HD2 is a pretty sweet sounding card.

Being able to roll the opamps is a kind of addiciton.

But they sound way better than any PCI computer sound card I have heard.

And I have heard a bunch.

I even listen to my cans now...Headphone amp aint that great but certainly a big step up from any other card I have listened to.

I really like the specs of the Juli and will be buying one of those next.

But for the little ole change you can get the HD2 for...Nice sounding card.

But for sound quality a USB/DAC is supposed to be the way to go.

I will probably buy the 0202 as my first USB/DAC...Seems a good place to start.

Was considering the Fubar III as my first one but decided to try the 0202.

Jul 19, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #28 of 72
The ESI Juli@ looks pretty nifty. I'm looking for a replacement for my audigy, and while I want nice sound, I also need an everyday card that will work well for gaming and watching movies & TV on my PC. I've read that some cards meant for professionals in audio fields don't make good consumer cards for various reasons, and I'm wondering if I'll have any issues with this card, specifically using my MS WMC remote to adjust the volume. Anyone have any experience with this card in everyday use?

Jul 20, 2008 at 4:31 AM Post #30 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The ESI Juli@ looks pretty nifty. I'm looking for a replacement for my audigy, and while I want nice sound, I also need an everyday card that will work well for gaming and watching movies & TV on my PC. I've read that some cards meant for professionals in audio fields don't make good consumer cards for various reasons, and I'm wondering if I'll have any issues with this card, specifically using my MS WMC remote to adjust the volume. Anyone have any experience with this card in everyday use?

I've had the Juli@ and it works great for games and movies (never tried tv). I've never tired to use a remote either. The only problem I've ever had with the Juli@ was getting ASIO to work in Foobar.

Also consider that the Juli@ only has 2 channel stereo outputs which could be a problem if you have a 2.1, 5.1 etc speaker setup. You can get around this by outputting to a receiver or by using the digital outs.

The Juli@ also does not have a headphone-out which means you must have a dedicated headphone amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back