True 5.1 Headphones?
Mar 1, 2007 at 2:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Madgravity34

100+ Head-Fier
Check out this link:
http://www.cluboverclocker.com/revie...X360/index.htm

They actually have an optical input and decoder box. I wish someone from head-fi would review them lol.
eggosmile.gif

They probably suck.
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 1, 2007 at 2:47 AM Post #2 of 16
Don't forget the Sennheiser Surrounder.

Mar 1, 2007 at 2:47 AM Post #3 of 16
Well. The thing is, I dont think they will ever master 5.1 surround in headphones. I believe that since the noise is still right next to your ear then it will never sound completely like a nice set of 5.1 speakers. I prefer headphones with good soundstage over any 5.1 headphones i have heard at any lan party or the like.

Mar 1, 2007 at 3:01 AM Post #4 of 16
I didn't think the Surrounder was true 5.1? Either way, I have a pair of 5.1 headphones for gaming and I definitely would not bother with them if you're looking for sound quality. It can be interesting on 5.1 albums, but they're pretty useless for music otherwise since the SQ isn't that good.

Mar 1, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon118 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't think the Surrounder was true 5.1? Either way, I have a pair of 5.1 headphones for gaming and I definitely would not bother with them if you're looking for sound quality. It can be interesting on 5.1 albums, but they're pretty useless for music otherwise since the SQ isn't that good.

oh yeah, the surrounder was 4 channel

Mar 1, 2007 at 3:31 AM Post #6 of 16
It looks cool on one hand, but:
1. Ultimate Gaming Headphone is quite a claim for someone with no name lol
2. Our FPS folks have no issues using ATH-A900 to tell direction (combined with Creative gaming cards). + ATH-A900 is good for music/movies =]

Mar 1, 2007 at 3:35 AM Post #7 of 16
I agree with what you guys are saying, I just thought I would post this up for a laugh
580smile.gif

Mar 1, 2007 at 3:43 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by mminutel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well. The thing is, I dont think they will ever master 5.1 surround in headphones.

Someone'll get close tho.
It'll be a huge monstrosity that looks kinda like Duggeh's latest avatar.
icon10.gif

Mar 1, 2007 at 3:44 AM Post #10 of 16
how can a two-drivers headphone to be a True 5.1?

Mar 1, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #11 of 16
aw hell it doesn't work and there won't be a solution for another year at least so leave it as a gimmick albeit a better quality than the craptacular Zalman.

Mar 1, 2007 at 4:17 AM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by edisonwu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how can a two-drivers headphone to be a True 5.1?

Simple. You have 2 ears, not 5. After that its all about the delay, keep in mind, 5.1 speaker systems also have to be tuned and positioned properly to show full effect. Headphones + good 3d sound software will be just as quality but you can move around more without losing optimal image =] Its all really about having delay properly between each channel.

Mar 1, 2007 at 4:55 AM Post #13 of 16
Multiple driver headphones almost never work, and I really can't see those being the exception somehow. The mini-subwoofer in them might be fun, but it probably won't make up for the rest of the sound of the headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back