Troubleshooting problem, need help
Mar 30, 2006 at 10:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

epion2985

Head-Fier
X-Fi Platnum
A900LTD's

I hear this noise, it sounds like static, but not continious, just very quiet high pitch poping here and there. Like velcro being pulled apart but very quiet and higher pitch. Sounds like the sound I hear when I plug in my headphone jack. Sometimes it stops and it comes in gorups, ie its not uniform or continious.

It wasnt there before when I first got my A900LTD's. Then I got the X-Fi card. Then sometime later I started expiriencing it.

Normany when I start my computer its not there, but when left on for while it apears.

If I mute everything including WAV in voluem controll its still there. If I mute the voluem period it goes away.

The cans sound great on everything else I do not belive its them.

If I restart my computer once or a few times it goes away.

I am pretty sure its the card but I wonder if I can do anything short of exchanging it, I bought it online and it has been more then 30 days. Wonder of an external DAC would solve the problem. But I guess that would depend on where this interfirence is comming from.

Mar 30, 2006 at 11:31 AM Post #2 of 4
Get some airflow going over the card, see if that helps.

--Rich

Mar 30, 2006 at 11:39 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by RichA
Get some airflow going over the card, see if that helps.

--Rich

You think the temperature if effecting the card in some way?
confused.gif

Mar 30, 2006 at 11:48 AM Post #4 of 4
First thing to rule out, in my opinion. Because the problem isn't always there, because it'll sometimes clear after a few reboots, giving the card a chance to cool down...

Can't do any harm?

--Rich

Users who are viewing this thread

Back