Troubleshooting a Creek
Jan 7, 2004 at 8:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Ecaroh

New Head-Fier
A friend's Creek OBH-11 (v2) isn't working, and before it goes to a shop, I'd like to give it a try.

This Creek doesn't power up. Nothing happens. LED on front doesn't light.

Power does get passed from the switch to its first stop, the resistor called R20 on the board. However, if there is power at all on the other side of R20, it is under 3 volts, per my test light. Sorry, no Volt Ohmmeter.

Do you suppose this is normal, i.e. that power exiting R20 would be under three volts (or nonexistent) -- or does this suggest a defective resistor at R20?

TIA!

Jan 8, 2004 at 1:49 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by puppyslugg
If you don't want to spring for a cheap analog vom from Rat Shack, try swapping out the resistor.

Thanks. I just tested with the cheap analog multimeter, and it shows there's no voltage on that side of the resistor. Unfortunately the resistor has gotten heated up and I can't read the bands. The Resistance function of the meter shows the (damaged) resistor at about 3.4K ohms.

Anybody know what value this resistor should be?

Jan 8, 2004 at 2:32 AM Post #4 of 4
It's possible something after the resistor is drawing an excessive amount of current, causing the resistor to open. If the resistor blows again, you have other problems, obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back