Trouble with my Scarlett 2i4. Any one else run into this with interfaces?
Feb 1, 2015 at 10:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Godsson

New Head-Fier
My interface disconnects randomly, flashing and switching my sound card to on board for a couple of seconds before turning on itself again.
It's apparent in anything, from video, playback or DAW recording.
It never used to do this? And I should mention it's very random. Sometimes every minute, sometimes twice a day.
To be frank it's bumming me out

Feb 1, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #2 of 7
Have you tried a different USB cable or a different USB port on your computer? Does the Scarlett lose power, or just lose the connection to your PC?

Feb 1, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #3 of 7
billy~

Right now, I've rotated all usb ports.. To no avail.

I do not have a replacement cable atm, it's not a standard cable. I'll invest in one.
It's hard to say, it happens in literally one and a half seconds. But most likely losing power as it's restarting.
Basically my speakers headphones pop like it's been turned off. on-board sound kicks in, then it turns back on.
amp lights flash red like I have just plugged it in.

Feb 1, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #4 of 7
Ouch. Well, since the Scarlett is USB powered, I guess it could still be the USB connection. Can you cause it to happen if you wiggle the cable or the connectors? If it's not the USB cable, I think you might need a new Scarlett. :frown:

Feb 2, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #5 of 7
wiggling the cable doesn't phase it. I just gave it an exaggerated shake down, even the unit.

I'll message focusrite, and from there by there recommendations figure out if its hardware or driver related.   

Apr 12, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #7 of 7
Do you have power saving enabled on your USB ports? I had one soundcard a WHILE back that absolutely hated the power saving mode's guts. Once I turned it off, it resumed business as usual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back