Trouble with headphones with Beresford 7520
May 14, 2009 at 12:03 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by sxr71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There is nothing in the market that for $250 does all 3 of those things so well for so little money.

Well this was the crux of the matter. While there was no disagreement that the product was/is of decent quality, it was over-hyped to the extent that its true status w.r.t. the competition was impossible to ascertain.

Jun 11, 2009 at 10:20 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by denp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find the 7520 headamp to be a very good match with the Denons D2000 (...)

true
smily_headphones1.gif
I own that combo and the synergy is amazing! treble is open and transparent, plenty of details. midrange is smooth, never aggressive and bass... has this WOW factor
biggrin.gif

you may ask Grado_fan from mp3store for his free usb cleaning mod - it is worth it...

Oct 14, 2009 at 12:05 PM Post #19 of 20
Finally I've bought second-hand Denon AH-D2000 :)
I made some mods with 7520 (changed opamp (only headphone out) for LM4562NA and cut-off some caps ( MLC8 and MLC9 ) - recommended mod by developer) and this combo REALLY sounds good comparing what I heard before with my Westone UM2 and my AKG.
I even refuse doing of markl mod of my Denon cause I think bass is quite nice :).

The question is what if I want to go further (assuming I'm going to stay with my Denon D2000... or buy D7000 in future :wink: ).
How much do I have to spend to make easily notisable change (I mean audible) for better.
For instance will the combo like: Audio-gd DAC19MK3 + Audio-gd C-2C + D2000 sound better (I mean BETTER, not different) then 7520 + D2000 ?

Feb 9, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by anoobis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well this was the crux of the matter. While there was no disagreement that the product was/is of decent quality, it was over-hyped to the extent that its true status w.r.t. the competition was impossible to ascertain.

Well that's nearly every product here. Where this crossed the line IMHO is that the maker himself shilled the product and for many reasons we can't stand that in this community. It kills whatever little integrity there is in this online shill laden marketplace.

Sadly the only way to ascertain its performance against other "known" products is to listen to it oneself or to read the impressions of a "trusted reviewer". Now that there is a boycott going on, it's unlikely that such a "trusted" or rather experienced review would even try it. So I suppose Stanley made his bed, but there is nothing in the price range that I could find that would get the job done. Most Preamps alone cost 4x this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back