Trouble W/ the Shure E3s
Apr 8, 2004 at 12:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

little birdie

New Head-Fier
Just got my new E3s and they great except for one thing. I can't seem to keep the seal in my ear when I get them air tight. I shove them as far in as I can and I'll get the seal and it will sound great but after about 25 seconds of this, they slide out on their own. My ears are starting to bother me too because I keep fiddling with them in my ears. If anyone has any suggestions on what could remedy this problem, I'd appreciate the help.

Apr 8, 2004 at 2:05 AM Post #4 of 7
Yeah, I tried the foamies and they work fine but the isolation I got come the flex grips was great. The only thing is it only lasted for like 20 seconds. Oh well, I'm just starting to get into high-end audio so they sound phenomenal to me either way.

Apr 8, 2004 at 3:42 AM Post #5 of 7
Try cleaning ur ears. I had a similar problem when I first got mine.
I just rinsed my ears with soap and water while taking a shower and it helped.

Also clean the tips with alcohol or Purell sanitizer....dont do this if ur using the foam tips though.

Try different sized tips. If you say you can stick them in deep and they come out easily then they might be too small.

Theres a learing curve in using these phones. Ive had mine for ~2months now and im still improving on my technique.

Apr 8, 2004 at 3:55 AM Post #6 of 7
do you wear the headphones straight, or do you wrap them around your ears and wear them? i found that i got a better seal wearing the wires around the back of my ears as opposed to wearing them straight.

with the e3's they are designed very nicely to get into your ears, but some people have trouble getting them to stay in. i believe during the time i had my e3's i was able to keep them in my ear progressively longer as i spent more time with them; as i learned how to set them properly.

the biggest problem with the e3's is the fact that the wire sticks out perpendicularly to the top of your head. as opposed to being at an angle like the e5's, where it is easier to guide the wire up and over your ear, the e3's wire constantly tug the earphone outwards. i got the hang of it, but never fully.

the e5's do not suffer this problem.

Apr 8, 2004 at 4:07 AM Post #7 of 7
I was just pondering selling my newly acquired E2's for a set of these, but I've heard a lot about the fitment problems.

Is the cord designed to go around your ear like the E2's/E5's?

Also, I had problems the first week with my E2's, but after that it seemed my ear had adjusted to the way they fit, so maybe it just takes some more time for your ear to get accustomed
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back