Trouble Logging In
Sep 6, 2004 at 7:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

smokey

500+ Head-Fier
I tried to log in today, and received a message that my account was in effect locked. I went to my e-mail to discover a message stating that someone had tried to log in using my user name, but had missed at five attempts to guess my login. Therefore I had to go through a process to receive a new login code.

I'm wondering why someone would go to the trouble of trying to log in to my relatively unknown and mostly useless username. Additionally, I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them?

Just wondering.
blink.gif

Sep 6, 2004 at 7:42 PM Post #2 of 7
Who knows, maybe someone had a name that's similar to yours? PM Jude and see what the deal is.

Sep 6, 2004 at 7:46 PM Post #3 of 7
The same thing happened to me today. I was logged out, and when I logged in I was locked out. I got an email with an ip of someone who had been trying to get into my account, and the ip is untraceable. I'm here now though, so maybe it's system hiccup?

Sep 6, 2004 at 7:47 PM Post #4 of 7
That was already fixed, something related to a "CacheFlow" unit, that they are installing in headfi to speed the site, the same happen to me, and even to Jude himself......so don't panic, if this happen again!!!!

Sep 6, 2004 at 8:07 PM Post #5 of 7
Yeah, sorry, everyone. We're trying to see how Head-Fi would run flowed through something like a CacheFlow unit, and it has caused some errors along the way -- I got locked out temporarily, too.

As we play around with things throughout the day, you may run into other errors, but we're staying on top of things to minimize any significant problems.

Thanks, and apologies if you've had any problems.

b.gif

Sep 6, 2004 at 8:07 PM Post #6 of 7
Ah, this happened to me as well. Glad to hear it's just a system hiccup, had me worried for a second there.

Sep 6, 2004 at 8:12 PM Post #7 of 7
Jude, you can't do that to us paranoid types! I thought for a couple of seconds that the guys in black suits and sunglasses, riding in those black helicopters were after me.
eek.gif

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they still aren't out to get you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back