Trouble finding suitable earbuds at any price...
Apr 24, 2017 at 9:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

russdenney

Head-Fier
Hello all,

I apologize if this is a duplicate post...I just posted this question and it seems to have disappeared.

I am having trouble locating a hi-end pair of in-ear monitors/buds at just about any price (trying to stay below $1000 US). The problem is with any type of earbud that inserts into the ear canal...after about 10 mins my ears freakin' kill me - no can do. I tried some of the higher end Shure's with different tips and, while they sounded great, they hurt like hell after only a few minutes.

I need something that kind of hangs in the earlobe (similar to plain ol' Apple earbuds) but doesn't insert into the ear canal and, hopefully, sounds great. I want to try to avoid using any type of headphone.

Suggestions are welcomed.

Thank you.

Russ

Apr 26, 2017 at 8:19 PM Post #3 of 4
I got two exceptional in-ears in mind: Periodic Audio Be [$300] or Audeze iSine 20 [$700]. I'm not an in-ear guy myself but I've found these to be exceptionally comfortable and sound amazing! The Be contain the same driver material (Beryllium) that Is in the $4000 Focal Utopia! It sounds so accurate! Then there's the iSine 20, which produces sound that seem to be coming from outside the headphones! And the bass extension was beyond what I expected from an in-ear! They are an open-back design though. Hope this helps!

Apr 26, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #4 of 4
Hello all,

I apologize if this is a duplicate post...I just posted this question and it seems to have disappeared.

I am having trouble locating a hi-end pair of in-ear monitors/buds at just about any price (trying to stay below $1000 US). The problem is with any type of earbud that inserts into the ear canal...after about 10 mins my ears freakin' kill me - no can do. I tried some of the higher end Shure's with different tips and, while they sounded great, they hurt like hell after only a few minutes.

I need something that kind of hangs in the earlobe (similar to plain ol' Apple earbuds) but doesn't insert into the ear canal and, hopefully, sounds great. I want to try to avoid using any type of headphone.

Suggestions are welcomed.

Thank you.

Russ
Have you tried Comply Tips? They have a comfort model and I don't have the least bit irritation from them. Apple earbuds hurt my ears after a hour or two so I don't know if this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back