Trouble deciding on whether to retain my order
Sep 5, 2005 at 6:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

PFKMan23

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Dec 31, 2004
Posts
3,349
Likes
12
Yesterday, I decided on taking the plunge on some Woody HD650s. However upon further investigation, the seller has discovered that the shipping would be around $100 USD insted of the $30 as quoted previous. Now I have already sent payment as per the orginal agreement, but I would like some indicators as what others would think and what they would do, as I would have to pay an additional $35 or so to get the package fully ensured and shipped to me. This is in addition to the $580 already spent on this. The seller has also given me the option to back out entirely, if I wish to do so.

In short, I am asking the community, what wouldu you do? Would uyou absorb the additional cost or would you back out?

The product in question can be found here:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=135437

PS: To the staff of HeadFi, if this thread is in violation of site policy then feel free to remove it as per site policy.
 
Sep 5, 2005 at 6:10 PM Post #2 of 6

bg4533

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jun 21, 2004
Posts
2,149
Likes
11
Where are you located that shipping is so high?

If these headphones are really what you want then I say go for it. The wooden cups don't come up for sale that often. I really enjoy my HD650 Woody.
 
Sep 5, 2005 at 6:13 PM Post #3 of 6

Jahn

Headphoneus Supremus Prolificus
Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Posts
21,332
Likes
32
well it's totally believable that it's 100 bucks. shipping the tushi to aussieland would have cost 100 bucks if i sent it UPS, even by donkey cart. USPS was way better, and it was sent global priority with insurance - and cost a little over 30 bucks still. if denmark has no cheaper options you're willing to try, you could ask if splitting the S&H would be feasible for 50 bucks each, and if not, no worries you folks can part ways and a resale shouldn't be a prob for him. that way you don't have to feel like you're paying 80 bucks more than you expected, and he can feel like he's only paying 30 bucks more to get a sale through!
 
Sep 5, 2005 at 6:20 PM Post #4 of 6

PFKMan23

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Dec 31, 2004
Posts
3,349
Likes
12
I am located in California, the SF Bay Area, he is located in Denmark. He has proposed to pay half the difference (which would be he's paying $35 and I would be paying an additional $35, the other half). However I will ask him if he is willing to do this, split shipping 50/50.

And yes I am aware that regardless of what I do, he'll have no problem selling them off. At the time I felt the deal was almost too good to be true which is why I took the plunge.

The inherent problem is insurance of the package in our duefault set up wuould only ensureu up to $150 in goods.

BTW, do you guys think that it's a good deal? (the whole package (the headhpones cables, etc..)
 
Sep 5, 2005 at 9:48 PM Post #6 of 6

PFKMan23

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Dec 31, 2004
Posts
3,349
Likes
12
After some thought I have decided to requestu for a refund. I feel that it was my error in order so quickly. In the future I will most likely go for a woody HD650, but I do not feel that now it is the right time for me to do so. And also afer calculating and doing some benifit vs risk analysis, I feel that staying domestic for such a good is a better option for me.

To the staff: The thread can be closed as the situaution is resolved.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top