Trouble Adding Headphones To My System
Apr 3, 2013 at 3:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

narticus

100+ Head-Fier
I recently overhauled my system - bought a new turntable (VPI Classic 1), phono stage (Jolida JD9), and integrated amp (Line Magnetic 216IA) all over the past few months. One thing I wasn't taking into account were my headphones. I have a pair of Sennheiser HD580s that I bought used around 7 years ago, but I now have nowhere to plug them into. My old integrated amp (a Marantz PM-68) had a headphone jack that worked wonderfully. The Line Magnetic does not, unfortunately. It also only has inputs- no outputs for a dedicated headphone amp.

So after lots of research I find I have 2 options:

A - Headphone amp: I will have to unplug the my interconnects from my integrated amp and plug them into the headphone amp whenever I want to use it.

or

B - Headphone tap: Something like this http://www.vinylflat.com/canopener.html In which case I'll have to unplug my speakers and plug this into my integrated amp whenever I want to use it.

Neither of these options are ideal or convenient, but I think option A sounds easier.

Any suggestions? Is there something out there I don't know about that will instantly solve my problems? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back