Trouble accessing head-fi on my home wifi
Oct 14, 2010 at 11:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

CoryGillmore

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys, I cannot get to head-fi from my home wifi ever since a few days ago. It doesn't work on my laptop or my iPhone on wifi. I can get to it on my iPhone over the 3G cellular signal. Whenever I try to access headfi it just has a white screen with "403 Forbidden". Haven't encountered this with any other sites I frequent. Any ideas? Thanks.

Oct 17, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #2 of 7
This is still a major problem guys. If anyone know what the hell is going on and can help me out it would be greatly appreciated. I cannot access headfi on any computer on my home network. Ethernet or wifi. I can't access it on wifi over my iPhone either. I can on 3G and I can even tether my iPhones AT&T 3G connection to my computers at home and it will load just fine. Since I have unlimited free tethering (jailbroken iPhone) this is an ok solution until I can figure it all out. Like I said before, whenever I come to headfi I get a white screen that only says "403 Forbidden". This is only happening on headfi or course.

Feb 10, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #3 of 7
Still a problem...

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #4 of 7
It sounds like your router isn't setup properly.  If you can try connecting directly to your dsl/cable modem and seeing if you can connect to head-fi.

It'd also help if your provided information like what kind of router you're using.

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #5 of 7
Actually I believe it's a problem with your ip address.  If you have a dynamic ip address then powering your modem completely off and then turning it on again to reset your ip should solve the problem.
If that doesn't help then try this browser (just for troubleshooting).  It'll be really slow but if it allows you to access the site on your home network then that means something.
http://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en

Feb 20, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #6 of 7

CoryGillmore said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is still a major problem guys. If anyone know what the hell is going on and can help me out it would be greatly appreciated. I cannot access headfi on any computer on my home network. Ethernet or wifi. I can't access it on wifi over my iPhone either. I can on 3G and I can even tether my iPhones AT&;T 3G connection to my computers at home and it will load just fine. Since I have unlimited free tethering (jailbroken iPhone) this is an ok solution until I can figure it all out. Like I said before, whenever I come to headfi I get a white screen that only says "403 Forbidden". This is only happening on headfi or course.

Thanks for your explanation! Now I understand more about it, This is what I'm looking for, It's very valuable.

Apr 8, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #7 of 7
I finally solved this problem...kinda.. Comcast sent us a new routewr for free as we'd had our old one fo nearly 8 years. I didn't experience this problem with the new router. So all is well now. It did suck not being able to access the site at home for over a year though!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back