TRON: LEGACY Soundtrack
Feb 12, 2012 at 1:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Justin Lam

New Head-Fier
Not sure if I am able to do this but does anyone know where I can download a high quality version of the soundtrack for TRON: LEGACY, preferably in .flac? I bought the album on iTunes right after I watched the movie, but I don't want to go out and pay for the CD when I already own the music =.=

Feb 12, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #3 of 16
Feb 13, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #6 of 16
The iTunes version is probably 128 AAC so the CD would still sound better.

Music purchased from the iTunes store is 256 kbps AAC, and has been for quite some time.

Feb 13, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #7 of 16
I wasn't aware all of it was 256. I know the music you pay 1.39 a song for is 256, but the 99 cent songs (to my knowledge) was still 128.

My mistake. I have some old purchases from years ago I redownloaded that were stil 128, I suppose that's what confused me.

Quote:
Quote:
The iTunes version is probably 128 AAC so the CD would still sound better.

Music purchased from the iTunes store is 256 kbps AAC, and has been for quite some time.

Feb 14, 2012 at 6:37 AM Post #9 of 16
Its probably one of the worst sounding Hans Zimmer OSTs around in terms of mastering quality.

Feb 15, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #12 of 16
If you check the notes in the CD booklet, it clearly states Hans Zimmer helped work on it. My thinking is he basically did all the orchestral stuff, and Daft Punk merged it with their electronica.

Feb 15, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #13 of 16
Actually the music was done primarily by one half of Daft Punk Thomas Bangalter who had already done one soundtrack before this. The music was orchestrated by Joseph Trapanese. I have nefer heard of any involvement by Zimmer but I may be wrong.

Feb 15, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #14 of 16
The orchestra's part in the score is not insignificant. 

As for the SQ, it fails even in the car audio category. In some parts it distorts in ways I haven't experienced since they phased out the single top-of-dashboard-speakered push button AM radio.

Feb 15, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #15 of 16
It's a shame that such an interesting soundtrack was given so poor a release. 

Anyway, I looked into it a little, and it seems that Hans Zimmer's studio, Remote Control, is credited with at least finalizing the soundtrack, mixing and mastering and whatnot. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if Zimmer also did the orchestral work, since Daft Punk has never dealt with such a thing. 

If I had to guess, I'd say that Daft Punk did a majority of the soundtrack, put some placeholder tracks in where the strings would go, then handed it over to Zimmer, who added his own, now evident after further listening, touch and recorded all the orchestral parts. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back