Trivia Thread
Nov 4, 2007 at 2:00 PM Post #107 of 505
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dolphins are the only animal other than humans that have sex for pleasure.

source? I always remembered Bonobos as another sort, but I forgot where I got that...

Nov 4, 2007 at 2:54 PM Post #108 of 505
Get Smart:

Perhaps the most recognizable 'gag' from the show was Smart's shoe phone, which has become somewhat of a comic icon: Smart would communicate with CONTROL using a rotary-dialed telephone concealed in his shoe, similar to a modern cell phone. While such a device was decades ahead of its time in real life (see Sneaker Phone), its numerous design flaws — such as the loud bell ("Excuse me, I think your shoe is ringing!"), the need to take off his shoe to use it and that it required a dime to place a call — led to various humorously awkward situations. This was possibly a parody of The Man from U.N.C.L.E. wherein the agents' communicators made a loud sound but only they ever seemed to hear it.

Nov 5, 2007 at 10:21 AM Post #110 of 505
An adult bedbug can survive up to one year without feeding.
blink.gif

Nov 6, 2007 at 3:46 AM Post #113 of 505
The Tambourine is the only musical instrument that can be mastered by homo erectus within the first 5 minutes of use, and does not require an instruction manual.

Nov 6, 2007 at 12:33 PM Post #116 of 505
A lawsuit filed in federal court today in Seattle seeks to force the Bush administration to restrict pesticides that affect salmon. The lawsuit was filed by the Earthjustice law firm on behalf of salmon advocates. It asks the judge to order NOAA Fisheries and the Environmental Protection Agency to consider more regulations for 37 pesticides that can kill salmon.

Nov 7, 2007 at 11:24 AM Post #119 of 505
Quote:

Originally Posted by amphead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Tambourine is the only musical instrument that can be mastered by homo erectus within the first 5 minutes of use, and does not require an instruction manual.

Can I get a source on that one?

Nov 7, 2007 at 12:59 PM Post #120 of 505
The Pink Panther is a series of comedy films featuring the bumbling French police detective Jacques Clouseau. The role was originated by, and is most closely associated with, Peter Sellers. Most of the films were directed and co-written by Blake Edwards, with notable theme music composed by Henry Mancini.Despite its use in the titles of most of the films of the series, "The Pink Panther" is not the Clouseau character, but a large and valuable fictitious diamond which is the "MacGuffin" of the first film in the series. It bears that name because the flaw at its center, when viewed closely, is said to resemble a leaping pink panther. The phrase reappears in the title of the fourth film, The Return of the Pink Panther, in which the theft of the diamond is again the center of the plot. The film marked the return of Sellers to the role after a gap of ten years. The phrase has been used for all the subsequent films in the series, even when the jewel does not figure into the plot (the diamond has only appeared in five of the ten films in the series).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back