Tritton Kunai help
Dec 3, 2013 at 11:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Pancake

New Head-Fier
Well I recently bought these tritton kunai. I bought them for the pc. I know they say for wii u and 3ds but in the reviews multiple people have said they used them on the pc. When I got them I noticed it only had one jack. Obviously I knew this meant there was only one input because headsets come with two headphone jacks. I plugged them in my pc I could only hear the mic wasn't functioning. So I'm stuck here with $40 headphones I may have wasted money on. So that's why I came to you guys. Anybody have any idea to use these or is there an adapter of some sort I could use to use them on my pc? Or any other ideas? I'm just really flabbergasted at this whole situation.
confused_face(1).gif

Edit: would an adapter like this http://www.amazon.com/Headset-Buddy-Adapter-Smartphone-01-PH35-PC35/dp/B00332DPDG  work? Seeing as the tritton uses one jack(that has both audio and mic) and pc uses 2.

Dec 17, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #2 of 3
I came across this while looking for a review on the product for my kid brother and although you probs already resolved this I'll post for others. The headset has a TRRS jack instead of TRS, meaning it handles the mic, L, R and ground channels on one connector. Many computers support this by default, however if your's doesn't you can buy a cheap cheap adapter that splits the combined connector into two separate TRS connectors, one for mic, one for speakers.

Jun 6, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #3 of 3
Hi,

Don't know if you're still having a problem with them... but a couple of suggestions:

1. Under playback and recording devices (found by right clicking the volume icon in the bottom right corner), make sure the headset mic and headphones are enabled under each respective tab

2. I know it sounds silly, but just check that the mic itself is fully pushed in and locked. You'll notice on the end that gets plugged in, there are two bars that lock the mic into the hole - it is easy to push it in and think it is plugged in when it isn't fully. So turn it while it's inside to check.

3. The Kunai headsets come in a number of different formats, like separate ones for Nintendo WII U / 3DS ; PS3 / 4 ; XBOX 360 / One ; and universal compatibility, so maybe check that the ones you have are compatible with PC, and not just a gaming console

Hope one of these may help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back