Tripowin x HBB: Mele/Olina - Discussion Thread - Olina OUT now
Aug 28, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #122 of 1,725
That's how my 03's are, thin alcohol wipe in the nozzle and i just changed the grills to a plain mesh with no backing. Certainly smooths the them a little and tightens the bass but doesn't unfortunately find the missing mids in some situations where i want for them.

Curious if the Mele do that sound better.

I should add my 03 is mesh mod plus a small piece of alcohol wipe around the inside of the nozzle. Never had an issue with the mids on 03 though, interestingly!

Aug 28, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #123 of 1,725
Yeah, already did. They kinda v-shaped it for my ears, so I stuck with Final E. Probably fine and better seal with cp100 tho.

Im just sensible to dd treble and I like mids as I like my belly: fat.
Ah yes, CP100 generally V-tune most of IEMs.

DD treble indeed has high energy, if some peaks are harsh, it’s damaging for sure. Time for Final E treble tame!

Aug 28, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #124 of 1,725
Ah yes, CP100 generally V-tune most of IEMs.

DD treble indeed has high energy, if some peaks are harsh, it’s damaging for sure. Time for Final E treble tame!

Maybe its just me. I dont find Mele sharp, but I kinda avoid DD treble.

I owned FD5 and TSMR Land. Hated fd5 treble but liked land's treble

Aug 28, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #125 of 1,725
Maybe its just me. I dont find Mele sharp, but I kinda avoid DD treble.

I owned FD5 and TSMR Land. Hated fd5 treble but liked land's treble

I don't find it sharp either. I did experiment earlier by removing the dampeners and it was sharp then.

Listening now with CP145 things are sounding better. Running through some busier tracks the driver keeps ontop of the details well and its timbre is pretty impressive.

Aug 28, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #126 of 1,725
I don't find it sharp either. I did experiment earlier by removing the dampeners and it was sharp then.

Listening now with CP145 things are sounding better. Running through some busier tracks the driver keeps ontop of the details well and its timbre is pretty impressive.

I'll try 145, but I might need to order bigger sizes.

Yeah, I love its timbre and tuning. A slammer too. For 50 bucks it's amazing

Aug 28, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #127 of 1,725
Here is my favorite cuban jazz fusion:
Klazz Brothers with Cuban percussions✌️

oh and nice to see the thread is back, anyone received M*** yet?

Spirit, thanks for that, it was auditory bliss. I have yet to receive the Mele so listening on the Cayin Fantasy while I prepare for writing my review. It was wonderful.

That pianist has got the magic touch, the ability to do soft beautifully and hit hard where it matters.

In fact they are all brilliant musicians, changing the tempo within a couple of notes, giving you the rhythm of, Afro drums, salsa, cumbia, merengue, son, in a minute then jazzify that and all of that on a bed of a classical composition. They are musically playful and take you on a journey.

Anyway, so as not to detract from this thread, I have set up the World music and Jazz Fusion thread where those interested can share their discoveries with the rest of us.

Discover what others have been listening to. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/world-music-and-jazz-fusion-melange.959383/

See you there.

Aug 28, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #128 of 1,725
For the people that like Jazz out there, great sounding overall with Mele. Cory Henry's organ and Larnel Lewis battery sounds making them true justice, even on busy parts. Will not post timestamps since everything is a bliss. Enjoy:

This music has a lot of funk to it, nice. Tho I'm more a fan of calmer jazz, like My Favorite Things by Dave Brubeck, Louis Armstrong is my overall favorite Jazz+Vocals.

Could I ask you to compare Naptalan by The Evpatoria Report (not jazz, instrumental post rock) on the Mele and Blon? It has quite a lot going on and it feels to me like it doesn't sound quite right on the Blons, tonality is great, but everything is kinda meshed "together". Instrument separation and stage is what interests me the most, how well the Mele can play high and low notes at the same time, and how well the trembling of the guitar strings is heard, hi-hats, how well the background music is heard, and.. everything basically))
Best to download it in good quality if you can, or at least Spotify. I'm pretty sure that it's in bad quality on YouTube

Aug 28, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #129 of 1,725
I forgot to ask, which is louder, Blon or Mele?
I have a very nice music player, but it has background noise on low impedance and high sensitivity iems 😿 So basically, when an iem is loud, that's bad for me. I need high impedance with low sensitivity (I have more than enough power for volume), but I just noticed that Mele have 16 Ohm vs 32 that Blon have. Didn't find any info on its sensitivity, hope it's low
Edit: actually it's sensitivity is listed on Linsoul, missed that. And rip, it's higher than Blons. So if numbers are correct, it should be louder than Blon 😭

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #130 of 1,725
This music has a lot of funk to it, nice. Tho I'm more a fan of calmer jazz, like My Favorite Things by Dave Brubeck, Louis Armstrong is my overall favorite Jazz+Vocals.

Could I ask you to compare Naptalan by The Evpatoria Report (not jazz, instrumental post rock) on the Mele and Blon? It has quite a lot going on and it feels to me like it doesn't sound quite right on the Blons, tonality is great, but everything is kinda meshed "together". Instrument separation and stage is what interests me the most, how well the Mele can play high and low notes at the same time, and how well the trembling of the guitar strings is heard, hi-hats, how well the background music is heard, and.. everything basically))
Best to download it in good quality if you can, or at least Spotify. I'm pretty sure that it's in bad quality on YouTube

I'll do it, and I'll let you know. Took covid shot and last 2 days have been a pain, most of the time I'm laid down.

Will get to you probably tomorrow, but I'll do it :)

Aug 28, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #134 of 1,725
Just ordered a pair from linsoul. Can’t wait to hear them!!

Great to hear, welcome aboard! Drop your feedback if you feel like to when you get them. Gold or black?

Just reminded myself that I didn't told you guys that there will be a blue version in the future!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back