Triport vs. QC II
Feb 5, 2007 at 1:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

martinq

100+ Head-Fier
I know the title sounds silly and I know the opinion of the majority here concerning Bose, but a friend of mine wants the Bose ones. I was asked to give him an advice. My first words were: "Damn Bose, try HD25-1. You will have similar isolation with much better sound and for less than a half price of QC II or only little higher price than Triport". (Just for the record: the prices here in Slovakia: Triport ca. $250, QC II ca. $785, HD25-1 ca. $300. Too high compared to US prices e.g. Amazon
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
). However, he wants Bose. I have never listen to Trip/QC II so I cannot judge.

Well, can you help me with this?
Anyway I will try to convince him to purchase HD25-1
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 5, 2007 at 1:46 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by exX08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why not like HD-580 or HD-600? DOes it need to be porable or can he buy an amp too?

What a ridiculous post.

Feb 5, 2007 at 2:09 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by martinq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know the title sounds silly and I know the opinion of the majority here concerning Bose, but a friend of mine wants the Bose ones. I was asked to give him an advice. My first words were: "Damn Bose, try HD25-1. You will have similar isolation with much better sound and for less than a half price of QC II or only little higher price than Triport". (Just for the record: the prices here in Slovakia: Triport ca. $250, QC II ca. $785, HD25-1 ca. $300. Too high compared to US prices e.g. Amazon
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
). However, he wants Bose. I have never listen to Trip/QC II so I cannot judge.

Well, can you help me with this?
Anyway I will try to convince him to purchase HD25-1
smily_headphones1.gif

I've listened to the bose triports and the QC3. I don't know how the QC3 compares to the QC2, but I'll give my opinion anyways.

Listening to the QC3, the sound quality was pretty awful (compared to the triport). The noise reduction was great, but the sound quality was just bad to me. It also felt as if there was a constant pressure exerted in my inner ear. I don't like the QC3s at all, although some say they sound good - but meh, I guess just personal preference.

The triports I actually bought some time ago. I find them not really worthwhile compared to other headphones you can get at cheaper prices. It's really bassy, flobby, and has a dark sound. There is absolutely no soundstage. The bass is really uncontrolled in the triports.

Overall, though, I found the triports to sound better than the QC3. I don't know how close they are to the QC2, but hopefully this helps if this person MUST have bose. Feel free to print this out and give it to him - coming from someone who has used bose before, and exclusively for like a year, they aren't worth the money!

Feb 5, 2007 at 2:15 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Why not like HD-580 or HD-600? DOes it need to be porable or can he buy an amp too?

Yeah the HD600 is gonna be one of may favorites, I'm sure. Unfortunately it appears as though the person who wants to buy Bose has been well brainwashed by the Bose ads.

...even outside the US!!

Feb 5, 2007 at 3:00 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

1) he wants them for his iPod - so portable ones, witout an amp
3) he wants smaller ones than my portable DT100/DT770PRO
2) Bose is his main requirement
confused.gif
(It will be difficult to convince him for at least my HD25-1 tip
mad.gif
, even if it will be for his own good)

Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... Unfortunately it appears as though the person who wants to buy Bose has been well brainwashed by the Bose ads....

brainwashed by Bose ads LoL
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2007 at 3:51 PM Post #8 of 11
To be honest, I don't hear a huge difference in sound from the QC3 display in the store and my HD 25-1 (likely just more bass emphasis on the QC3). I think the only difference is price - the Sennheisers can be found at less than half the price (or three times less if you're lucky). If your friend is willing to spend the dough, why not? I feel the triports deviate greatly from the former two, as I could definitely tell the difference, especially in the mids - still lots of bass though. As far as the QC2, I would assume it is similar to the QC3, but the best thing to do is to try them out if you can.

Feb 5, 2007 at 5:05 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lectorcito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much are the KSC75s in Slovakia?
smily_headphones1.gif

For ca. $47.

Feb 5, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #11 of 11
If you can get the HD280 pro 64 ohm model at a good price, these will eat alive the QC2, QC3 and Triport. We have compared our two sets on many occasions at Bose stores.

The HD280 pro is lower spec than the HD25 so the HD25 should be even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back