Triplefi's into customs a couple of general questions.
Jun 22, 2011 at 11:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

davidcotton

X-CANs and HDAMs
Hello

So having snagged a pair of triple fi 10's during the £99.00 play sale I've begun looking at getting them done into customs.  The 2 main points that I'm wondering are :-

a)How much should I be looking at cost wise for the impressions (just want to get a rough idea of what should be charged if possible)in the uk?

b)What cables are compatible with the triple fi's and do I order those at the same time to send off with them as I hate memory wire and would prefer cable without.

Right now I'm thinking of going with unique melody through the ampcity lot just because it's so much easier to deal with them in the uk.

Main reason for me going for customs is that after  5 different iems from different companies (shure, monster, sennheiser, klipsch, westone)I just cannot get a good fit, as I listen to music a lot (4-5 hours a day as it's the only thing that keeps me near sane at work!)this obviously gets frustrating!  It's just the thought of getting impressions done that put me off.

Cheers.

Jun 22, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #2 of 4
For the cost of impressions, you should call some audiologists around you and ask for a quote. In the US it can be somewhere in the range of $50-100.

You can get the remolds molded to accept either the TF10 cable, or JH Audio/Ultimate Ears/Westone cables. Any that are compatible with these sockets will fit. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back