TripleFi 10s thru Toslink to Xbox 360
Mar 5, 2011 at 3:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

thp777

New Head-Fier
Well i wasn't pleased with my TF10s through RCA to my xbox 360 quality was horrible and I didn't use my tritton ax pro true 5.1 gaming headset much anymore because ear cups kept breaking. I figured why not use the DAC for it that uses fiber optic Toslink. The headset has an inline volume control that is detachable with 9 hole plug on end that i found out my bread boarding jumper wires plug nicely into. After a lot of poking about, literally, i found the right pins for left,right and ground. It is detachable so i can still use my headset with it if i want to. The power output is perfect for the TF10s i have about 15 levels of volume to chose from before it gets too loud for me. This should work for any headsets that have a fiber optic DAC but different pinouts probably. i have included the pinout for it incase anyone else wants to try this on Tritton ax pro DAC. Now i just need to find pin for mic and wire my clipon mic to it. After i get everything where it needs to be ill probably cast over the solder joints with epoxy resin for nice connectors.

Mar 8, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #2 of 3
Cool. 
cool.gif

Mar 9, 2011 at 9:28 AM Post #3 of 3
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back