Triple flange on E3c
Feb 9, 2005 at 3:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

endrun

New Head-Fier
Anybody use the triple flange on the E3C? I see Shure does offer them as an option. I took a set of my Ety triple flange and tried them out on the E3C, not sure if I can tell any difference between the two. Any bodyelse try this??

Feb 9, 2005 at 4:02 PM Post #2 of 6
i tried the shure triple flange (both cut down & regular), ety triple flange, double flange and most other "triple flange mods" i found on this site and so i haven't found anything that has given me the same comfort and sound quality as the foamies...... so my advice is to buy a bunch of foamies but then again everyone's ears are different.

Feb 9, 2005 at 5:14 PM Post #3 of 6
I got the e3cs and tried surgery on Shure's own triple flanges (since trying to shove them in uncut brought back some, umm, memories). Nope, didn't work, so I'd second emadgin's advice about foamies. I found them superior by far to all the other sleeves, both for isolation and sound.

Feb 9, 2005 at 5:23 PM Post #4 of 6
It depends on what you're trying to achieve, endrun. Better fit, improved sound, more isolation, etc. The foamies are great IME on all of those counts, but convenience and longevity suffer. I ordered a pair of the Shure triple's, and disliked both their sound and comfort until I modded them by cutting off the exposed stem and the smallest flange. Now, I find them to be every bit as comfortable as the foamies, with SQ lagging just a bit behind. As mentioned previously, though, your ears may not experience the same results.

Feb 10, 2005 at 12:44 AM Post #5 of 6
I use triple flanges exclusively. In fact, I'm listening to them right now (Robin Trower, Bridge of Sighs). I did cut off that ridiculously long stem (not the flange), but other than that, they're unmodded. Consider getting them at Ety, they're cheaper. Great isolation. Comfortable. I love 'em. No problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back