Triple.fi vs RE0
Dec 29, 2009 at 5:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

nukeu666

New Head-Fier
I could not find any comparison between these 2 IEM's so posting this thread for your opinions.

I have been using RE0s for about a year now and really like the highly detailed and neutral mids/highs. Sometimes wish the bass could be stronger.
Listen to everything from metal to jazz and classical.

Does it sound like the triple.fi's would suit my tastes?

Dec 29, 2009 at 5:45 AM Post #2 of 9
If you EQ just right, you can get a good bit of bass out of RE0's. Rockbox makes it easy, and precut eliminates distortion. They sound more "fun" instead of "natural," but they finally have bass. I'd suggest you play around with EQ settings if all you really need is more bass.

Dec 29, 2009 at 6:23 AM Post #3 of 9
Hey Nukey, if you dont like your RE0s you can always pawn them off to me !
beerchug.gif

Try getting an amp for the RE0s. I believe that will solve the bass problem.

Selling the RE0s now wont be a great idea considering you get them for 4k brand new.

Get an amp which accentuates the bass.

Dec 29, 2009 at 7:42 AM Post #4 of 9
^
dont hold your breath
tongue.gif

My RE0s are going to stay in the family...was planning on handing them down to my sis if the ue10 were significantly better
Though im starting to think of sticking with the re0 for now
Lots of other christmas shopping left

With the amps lynx is bringing in, ill check a good portable solution there

Dec 29, 2009 at 7:52 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by brendon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try getting an amp for the RE0s. I believe that will solve the bass problem.

If it has a bass boost, then it might help. Otherwise, the OP is better off messing around with EQ options, especially if Rockbox is involved. A Fiio E5 might be a good place to start, but I don't have one and haven't used one yet.

Dec 29, 2009 at 7:53 AM Post #6 of 9
I think if I had to choose between the two I'd go with RE0s, mainly because of the fit.

I had a quad10 (TF10 + mid driver) customs and I can say that for vocals + bass, the quad10 wins pretty hard, but in terms of clarity and musical instruments (piano, trumpet, etc), i liked it more with the RE0s.

Treble of the RE0s are awesome as well, albeit they are sometimes too strong for me.

Dec 29, 2009 at 9:39 AM Post #7 of 9
+2 points more for RE0
bba:I already use Fiio e5. Frankly using the bass boost mode on it sounds muddy and sticky.

So instead of new iem's, would a new amp like predator/hornet/pico go well with the re0?
I also will have the choice to choose between an ipod 5g and cowon d2

Dec 29, 2009 at 10:13 AM Post #8 of 9
^ A cowon D2 and a amp like the Ibasso T3 will make a lot of difference to the RE-0 sound.

RE-0 sounds lot better when paired with better sources/ amps .Last night I tried them with the Sansa Clip+ and also the EF2A DAC + amp and the difference in the sound signature was quite a lot. With the EF2A the bass was bit more and the mids sounded sweeter and little more upfront .
smily_headphones1.gif

Also I remember trying out your RE-0 with Brendon's Meier Corda Porta III. Sounded lot better than the E5. Ask Brendon if he is planning to get rid of the Porta III ..hehehe :p

Dec 29, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #9 of 9
^^ Actually I am ! But I dont think the pairing will be very good as he would need an amp with lots of bass impact which the Corda does not have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back