Triple.fi - The Secret to a Good Fit
Jan 1, 2009 at 10:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

GN85

100+ Head-Fier
[size=medium]The cable, it's all in the cable.[/size]

I couldn't get a good fit with my TF10s for months, and was completely discouraged before realizing that it had absolutely nothing to do with the shape of my ear canals or the IEMs themselves. The problem was the memory cable, which was pulling the IEMs out of my ears instead of helping them stay in place.

Try inserting one of the IEMs alone, without the cable into you ear. If it stays in place, it means you can get a perfect fit. If it doesn't fit, try another tip. Chances are one of them will fit your canals. If not, then the cables can still help achieve a better fit.

The tricky part to getting a perfect fit is to shape the memory cable properly so that it helps keep the phones in place. This took me a long time to realize, especially since there's so much BS spread out over the net, especially on UE's own website, which shows a video of a woman doing that stupid rocking motion and then casually curving the cable over her ear, as if the cable had nothing to do with getting a proper fit. WRONG WRONG WRONG!!

The way to do it is to shape the cable before inserting your TF10s. This took me a lot of experimenting, but now that I found the correct shape for my own ears, I just insert the phones, and the cable will actually push them deeper into my canals. The cables do such a good job that they sometimes get pretty annoying. I'd insert the phones loosely so that I could hear what's going on around me, and the cables would push them in deeper. Now I can literally wear them for hours without the need to adjust them.

Here's a few pics of the shape of the cable on my phones. I know everyone has different shaped/sized ears, but it's worth a try for those who can't get a proper fit. It's not too clear on the pics, but the cable forums a U shape and goes down perpendicularly to the socket.

Try different shapes, and see if it works. If anyone has different shapes, show some pics, it may help others.
smile.gif

Jan 2, 2009 at 6:41 AM Post #6 of 9
the cable on my triple fi started getting a coiled shape that kept pulling them out of my ears, not becuase of the memory wire, but becuase i was rolling the cable when storing them,

the triple.fi cable is just too heavy and hard for a IEM,

Jan 2, 2009 at 10:07 AM Post #7 of 9
Aevum, that's probably the bad ol' cable
smily_headphones1.gif
Try to change it to other cable if you like triple.fi. The new straight jack cable pretty good, and this coming from ex-UM2 user which equipped with ES2 cable.

*pics shown are new straight jack cable right?

Jan 2, 2009 at 10:35 AM Post #8 of 9
Thanks for your guide. I followed and finally get it right on my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back