Triple.Fi Pro 10 durability/gym/running?
Jan 2, 2010 at 7:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Cry Havoc

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all! Returning from a long hiatus to ask about the Triple.Fi's, which I just picked up on ebay from someone who got in on the gold box deal.

How do the triple.fi's fare at the gym? I'm using the silicon tips and I was hoping to weightlift and maybe run in them. It should be noted that these are the standard, NOT the VIs. I'm concerned about the cord durability and also the potential for them to get sweaty. Any opinions or experiences with the TF10s would be awesome.

Also, an unrelated question.... do I have to do the flip mod, or can I just switch the headphones around so that I put the L in my right ear and R in left?

Thanks for the feedback as always.

Rock on.

L3000.gif

EDIT: Just noticed I posted this in the full size forum. Ugh. Sorry about that.

Jan 2, 2010 at 7:27 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why would you risk such expensive IEMs?
frown.gif

Well, that's why I'm asking (actually, an audiophile friend of mine said they'd be fine to run in without any problems, but I like second opinions
wink.gif
) But if it's going to put them at risk, there's no way I would consider it.

Jan 2, 2010 at 7:44 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cry Havoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, that's why I'm asking (actually, an audiophile friend of mine said they'd be fine to run in without any problems, but I like second opinions
wink.gif
) But if it's going to put them at risk, there's no way I would consider it.

You risk getting sweat into the barrels, as well as dropping them, or a barbell happens to fall on them...

You should get a simple, cheap Koss KSC75. Great sound on the go, and since it's a clip-on, it should on onto your ears as you jog on the treadmill and whatnot.

Jan 2, 2010 at 7:52 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You risk getting sweat into the barrels, as well as dropping them, or a barbell happens to fall on them...

You should get a simple, cheap Koss KSC75. Great sound on the go, and since it's a clip-on, it should on onto your ears as you jog on the treadmill and whatnot.

Yeah.... i have sporta-pros actually, so I really don't NEED them at the gym... I was just thinking how sweet the sound would be to pump iron to.

Ah well. That's exactly what I thought until a friend of mine told me otherwise. C'est la vie.

Jan 2, 2010 at 8:01 AM Post #6 of 6
They are large, and you will probably get frustrated with them shifting around in your ears, especially if you're gonna be working out, you won't want them to get in the way.

I wouldn't do it IMO. They are too precious and delicate, and if you just want to hear music, use cheaper earbuds since you'll be too distracted to actually appreciate any of the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back