Triple Fi 10s broken. Will UE repair?
Apr 5, 2007 at 8:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

JimBob1971

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

My UE triple fis just broke when I was swapping the cable. The right phone and cable seperated OK when I used the "wiggle" technique. However, when I tried the left side the entire bottom of the speaker (where the cable attaches) popped off and the wires inside snapped
eek.gif
I wasn't using undue force, it just looks like the bottom wasn't glued on tightly.

I've performed this with my Super.fi 5s on numerous occasions and never had a problem.

UE gave me an RMA number, but I guess they could still refuse to repair/give me a new set. Anyone have any experience with this problem and able to advise?

Thanks,
James

Apr 5, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #2 of 10
UE is known for their great customer service. I am sure you will not have a problem.

Sorry about your trips all the same
frown.gif

Apr 5, 2007 at 11:05 PM Post #4 of 10
What kind of weight would you give any answer provided on here, vs just waiting a day or two for the real answer. I mean, really. RMAs and repairs are all processed on a case by case basis. I suggest you just think positive and wait.

Apr 5, 2007 at 11:54 PM Post #5 of 10
My SF.5's did this exact thing. They were 14 months old. They gave me an RMA in 5 minutes on the phone and shipped me NIB units within 5 business days - and upgraded me to 2nd day shipping just for asking.

Now that I think about it, your triple.fi's cannot be old enough to be out of coverage.

I am 100% sure you will have a NIB pair very soon. Put it to rest.

Apr 6, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by rincewind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What kind of weight would you give any answer provided on here, vs just waiting a day or two for the real answer. I mean, really. RMAs and repairs are all processed on a case by case basis. I suggest you just think positive and wait.

Well, the real answer involves me sending them over the Atlantic ocean, wanting for UE to assess and then charge me for return of broken goods should they choose not to fix them. I just wanted to see what the general consensus was. UE could be real buggers about it, but the feedback left by the folk on here suggests otherwise. Had there been perhaps a touch more glue on the phones I wouldn't be asking.

IndyGreg, they are only 20 days old.

Apr 6, 2007 at 1:14 AM Post #7 of 10
honestly, do not even think twice. The ".fi" series breaks, they know this. They break when pulling the cable off, they know this. They stand behind them.

Apr 6, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #8 of 10
these are new ones arent they.... i feel glad i didnt end up buying SF.5 Pros now lol

Apr 6, 2007 at 12:56 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyoshiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
these are new ones arent they.... i feel glad i didnt end up buying SF.5 Pros now lol

Well, my 5s have been going strong for well over a year, so no concerns there.

Apr 6, 2007 at 1:42 PM Post #10 of 10
Not that it matters now, but if you bought them from some retailer you should have taken them back to them. Most stores will cover that type stuff for 30 days. Then you deal with the maker. If you got them direct from UE, that does not apply.

I had a set of SF.5's that lasted 14 months before they cracked and broke - but I was using the steel case (old design with middle part) that was known to crack them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back