triple fi 10 vs m50(closed full sized head phones)
May 21, 2010 at 3:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

henrylee

100+ Head-Fier
Both of the headphones above cost around the same price,but the question is which one is in better in terms of sound quality and comfort .I have the pl30 ,se110 and the xb500 in which are pretty comfortable  except the fitting on se110 is slightly annoying.

I know is slightly weired to compare a full size to a iem but which one has stronger mids and punchyer deeper bass?

May 22, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #2 of 5
If you want stronger mids, TF10 is not the one. Don't know about M50 though.

Comfort and fit of TF10 depends. Some say they fit perfectly, some just hate them to death.

By the way, in my opinion, if sound signature is the only thing taken into account, I don't think it is weird comparing full-size to IEM.

May 22, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #3 of 5
Both have somewhat similar sound signatures with emphasis on bass and treble. Technically Triple.fi is superior to the M50 which should be expected considering the difference in price. Bass depth is actually better on M50 I think, but Triple.fi has a tighter, more detialed low end. Mids are about equal on both IMO - reasonably good, but somewhat lacking in micro detial and overall definition. If you want great mids, go with SE530 or e-Q7. Or if you are on a tighter budget - RE252.

May 23, 2010 at 1:35 AM Post #4 of 5
Well, if you compare apples to oranges, you might as well say the outcome is a watermelon. The same applies to the tf10 and m50. I know that the 50's has been the hype" lately, but deep base? the 10" has more deep bass than the latter. This is ecpected of a iem of 3 times the m50 pricing. Now if you say something like fs against m50....

May 23, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #5 of 5
Sweet i went a head and bought the triple fi as a Gcse exam present thing lols , Btw there is currently a really good deal on them uk only though half price :p which makes it nearly the same price as the m50 Link:http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/9813984/Ultimate-Ears-TripleFi-10vi-In-Ear-Headphones/Product.html  . Thanks for the advice cant wait till get them , i shall make a review once i get them and try them out for a while /

Users who are viewing this thread

Back