Triple Fi 10 Pro + Tip Choice
Nov 29, 2007 at 3:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Spyro

Headphoneus Supremus
I know there are only a handful of us users out there.

I have not done the black olive mod because I am not a huge fan of foamies.

Does anyone use the silicone tips provided? Which ones work best for you? I have had a hard time deciding which ones work best. Every week or so I keep changing. The large ones are definitely out. I have used small, med and bi-flange and I think bi-flange sounds most natural but notice you have to insert it farther in than the other two. I do not find them uncomfortable so much as my left ear tends to get dislodged with a lot of movement on the single flange tips.

What is everyone else use?

Does anyone know of any other tip choices out there specifically for UE's?

Soundwise I absolutely love these things and I love the quick easy in and out.

Nov 29, 2007 at 4:09 PM Post #2 of 5
i know they are different but i just got the UE Super.Fi 5 Pros and i have found the small single flange to be the most comfortable and best sounding. I found the bi-flange compressed the music too much. It sounded like the headstage was just dead. With the single flanges everything opened up. Not sure if this helps. I too am looking for other sleeve options to try.

Nov 29, 2007 at 5:39 PM Post #3 of 5
Nov 29, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #5 of 5
I got a pair of the Radio Shack Super.fi's about a month ago, and really struggled to find a tip I was happy with. They were flat out uncomfortable with almost any tip I used.

I ended up flipping the wires, which actually helped a lot with fit. Look for the super.fi mod here. I ended up using tips from my Sennheiser CX300's, the smallest black silicone size. They are by far the most comfy for me, and give me the best fit.

Odd because I didn't like those very tips on the CX300's themselves. I use Shure foamies on my CX300's.

But I didn't like the UE foam tips on the Super.fi's...

Good luck with your search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back