triple fi 10 lost sound quality
Feb 4, 2013 at 6:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

g3t0ut

New Head-Fier
So my pair of tf10 all off a sudden lost sound quality in the right ear. I checked to see if they were clogged with ear wax but they aren't. I made sure they make a good seal. The left ear is noticeably clearer you can hear the difference while music is playing and they are sitting on the table. Is there anything I can do or look for?

Feb 4, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #2 of 7
So my pair of tf10 all off a sudden lost sound quality in the right ear. I checked to see if they were clogged with ear wax but they aren't. I made sure they make a good seal. The left ear is noticeably clearer you can hear the difference while music is playing and they are sitting on the table. Is there anything I can do or look for?

Try unplugging and replugging the phones, that works for me when my right earpiece stops functioning normally. If that doesn't work plug it into another source like your PC and see if the problem still persists. If it does, your driver may be damaged. Best to send it to UE to have it fixed, although I'm not sure if they still offer that.

Feb 4, 2013 at 6:48 AM Post #3 of 7
I have tried all that as well. I was hoping I wouldn't have to contact ue I'm afraid that won't do anything. I have been looking into investing in ciems but really would have liked to have these working properly to use on occasion

Feb 4, 2013 at 7:00 AM Post #4 of 7
How long have you had the TF10s? If they are old you'd be better off buying another pair of IEMs, maybe even CIEMs if you want. The triple. Fi 10s have been discontinued I think, so maybe you could return them and get a discount on their new flagship, the UE900s.

Feb 4, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #5 of 7
Sounds like one of the 3 drivers has given out on the right side. If you're still under warranty send them into Logitech, also because they no longer stock TF10 they will most likely replace them with UE900.

Happened to another member not long ago.

Feb 4, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #6 of 7
I am out of warranty, that is part of the reason I asked on here. I'll give them a call but from what I have heard about their customer service I'm not hopeful. Is there anything I would be able to do?

Feb 4, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #7 of 7
I was essentially told I'm out of luck. You would expect something that costs that much to last longer than 2.5 years. Even my original cable has lasted longer than the earphones.. sigh..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back