Triple Fi 10 IEM bud stopped working, want to attempt repair but can't open shell.
Jan 22, 2016 at 5:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

gibberfish

New Head-Fier
I've had a pair of Logitech Triple Fi 10 IEMs for a number of years now. A while ago the right bud stopped producing sound. Switching the cable connections around produced the same result - no sound from the right bud only - so I guess the problem must be internal. I'm hoping whatever's broken can be fixed by me e.g. with some solder. Unfortunately, it seems that during the production run of my buds Logitech had taken note of the frequent reports of these IEMs breaking apart, because mine are glued together incredibly strongly. I've tried prying them open along the seam, pulling them apart, heating them with a hair drier, but it just won't budge. I've not tried alcohol or acetone yet because I wasn't sure if it could maybe seep in and cause damage or something.

Does anybody have advice or experience to share? Is this problem generally fixable? I don't want to damage the bud any further if I can help it (it's looking a bit scuffed already) but I'm open to getting it reshelled if that's a possibility for fixing my problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back