Triple BAs for a rookie
Jul 13, 2013 at 2:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Rookie Rooster

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, everyone, I'm fairly new to head-fi and I'm new to the IEMs... and I really want a good start, and I need help deciding between a few of those IEMs:
Sony XBA 30
Sony XBA 3
Furthermore, for more energetic feel, I couldn't decide between the:
Monster turbine pro Copper Edition
Monster turbine pro Gold Audiophile Edition
I have a budget of around $300, though, so I would rather choose a pair with a greater value as long as the difference in the sound quality stays insignificant... I'm not quite sure I want those same old Dynamic Drivers may be new to me, so the turbines may not ve a good choice unless the XBAs really suck... By the way, I also accept other reccomendations...Please help me!!! Thanks!!!

Jul 13, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:
Hi, everyone, I'm fairly new to head-fi and I'm new to the IEMs... and I really want a good start, and I need help deciding between a few of those IEMs:
Sony XBA 30
Sony XBA 3
Furthermore, for more energetic feel, I couldn't decide between the:
Monster turbine pro Copper Edition
Monster turbine pro Gold Audiophile Edition
I have a budget of around $300, though, so I would rather choose a pair with a greater value as long as the difference in the sound quality stays insignificant... I'm not quite sure I want those same old Dynamic Drivers may be new to me, so the turbines may not ve a good choice unless the XBAs really suck... By the way, I also accept other reccomendations...Please help me!!! Thanks!!!

Within your recommendations, the Sony XBA-30 is the best. And i dont recommend you buying the Monster. They'll just rip you off with the brand name.

Jul 13, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
Hey, wait, Beats by Dr Dre has been receiving poor ratings... does that include Monsters??? I mean as far as I know, the coppers do receive positive reviews, isn't it???
biggrin.gif

Yeah. The Monster Brand are Fashion Accesories. they only make you good on public. While ripping you of with the price.

My suggestions are these:

Klipsh S4
Philips Fidelio s1 or s2

I'm not really good on IEM's, im mostly experienced on headphones. But those are my recommendations.

Jul 15, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #6 of 6
Well, thanks... I've checked out the s4... not for me... I want at least 3 BA drivers, a neutral one, I suppose... but thank you very much for your suggestions, ill take them into consideration...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back