Trip to Japan and interesting high end audio stores, shows and places to visit in the Tokyo area.
Feb 23, 2011 at 3:08 AM Post #16 of 18

Quote:
I have it in mind to try and organise a Head-Fi meet in Tokyo later this year, around October, possibly coinciding with one of the Fujiya Avic headphone shows. I'm due to start talking to people about the idea. 

Is Dyna 5555 still a headphone store with relaxing chairs etc? Last I heard they had given up the headphone section. Edit: Seems they still do have headphones.

whole first floor is headphones / pc music still. quite nice actually. lots of listening stations

dont forget to check out the messy used stuff across the street. lots of random stuff there.

audiounion is not bad too if you're looking for cables. their headphone stuff is limited though. good selection of pc related audio

Feb 23, 2011 at 6:56 AM Post #17 of 18
A meet in Tokyo sounds good!

In regards to Dyna 5555, they still have a lot of headphones on the first floor with several comfy listening chairs. However, they indeed gave up on the space dedicated to high end headphones, where they'd have better source to drive the amp (Luxman D06 with Luxman p-1u for dynamic headphones like HD800 and the higher end stax gear). Still very nice place though!

Feb 23, 2011 at 10:21 AM Post #18 of 18
I would try to get over for a Tokyo meet - I will try to work out a business trip for about the same time, if possible.  I'm there 2-3 times a year anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back