Trip-Hop recomendations
Oct 17, 2006 at 5:57 PM Post #46 of 52
heh slsk is great
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 17, 2006 at 7:20 PM Post #47 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by stokedfish
Haha phil, u the one from slsk trip room? Must be...k!

Hey buddy.
wink.gif

I didn't put 2 and 2 together when I first saw your username, though I knew it looked familiar. Are people still hanging out there? Man, it's been a year at least since I've been on soulseek. Haven't had it installed since I rebuilt my computer... maybe I should.
cool.gif

Oct 20, 2006 at 1:52 PM Post #48 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Are people still hanging out there?

Of course, most of the trip crew is still there.
Elda, grinda, chup, hardup, msnookie, simple, az, etc...even Van is back!

U on dc now or what's up? Come back ***!!
cool.gif

Oct 21, 2006 at 4:23 PM Post #49 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
To the original poster, what Tricky albums are your favourite? Have you heard Nearly God? [a dark trippy project he did with a bunch of female vocalists] What Massive Attack albums have you heard? I'm not too familiar with Saul Williams, though I do own a very cool 'Not in my name' EP by him which I bought since it has a DJ Spooky version of the chant. [I ♥ DJ Spooky] Can you tell me anything else about his style? Any downtempo you have heard which you didn't like?

Oh I missed that one alltogether. Nearly God is one of my favorites, depends on my mood. Maxinque, Angels with Dirty Faces and Pre-Millenium Tension makes a great trilogy
biggrin.gif
Lately Blowback has done it to me, great album. I didn't quite like vulnerable though.

I've heard ALL Massive Attack albums
smily_headphones1.gif
of course as an music addict! Mostly I like currently 100th Window, but that changes sometimes daily
smily_headphones1.gif
. And downtempo that I don't like, hard question.. Maybe I havent found that yet.

Oct 21, 2006 at 4:44 PM Post #50 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by BillC
No one else a fan of Everything but the Girl's Walking Wounded?

Great album-especially due to the drum n' bass influences.
Hasnt the lead singer also sang for Massive?
I believe its Mezzanine.
Regardless, her voice is beautiful.

Oct 21, 2006 at 5:33 PM Post #51 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by stokedfish
Of course, most of the trip crew is still there.
Elda, grinda, chup, hardup, msnookie, simple, az, etc...even Van is back!

U on dc now or what's up? Come back ***!!

I'll install it later today. Nice to know most of the crew is still there.
wink.gif

I haven't really been filesharing all that much... I'll have to build up my collection again.
tongue.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by SRM
Oh I missed that one alltogether. Nearly God is one of my favorites, depends on my mood. Maxinque, Angels with Dirty Faces and Pre-Millenium Tension makes a great trilogy. Lately Blowback has done it to me, great album. I didn't quite like vulnerable though.

I've heard ALL Massive Attack albums of course as an music addict! Mostly I like currently 100th Window, but that changes sometimes daily. And downtempo that I don't like, hard question.. Maybe I havent found that yet.

Cool, it is nice to find someone else who can appreciate all of MA and Tricky's albums... most just like one or two.
wink.gif

[Give vulnerable another chance, there is some good stuff on there. I love the covers.] Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel
Great album-especially due to the drum n' bass influences.
Hasnt the lead singer also sang for Massive?

Yeah, the ETBTG chick sang on the Protection album quite a bit. I'm not a big fan of her solo stuff though.

Oct 24, 2006 at 10:05 PM Post #52 of 52
I know it's been mentioned here a couple of times in some of the lists that have been provided by people, but for me the definitive trip-hop mix album is:

Kruder & Dorfmeister - The K&D Sessions

If you haven't heard this one and you're interested in this type of music, I highly suggest you pick it up.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back