Trinity VYRUS IEM available for pre-order now!
Aug 18, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #451 of 755
Got mine today and so far is great...but I have two questions for you:

1. Where are the silver filters stored? I have two metal tins each has 2 pair of filters...but no silvers. Gunmetals are on out of the box.

2. I keep seeing reviewers mention spin fit for vyrus, but I don't have them...it was stated in the packaging there were 13 pairs. But I got 6 that were in the box, one extra installed on the earphones.

My silver filters were in the webbing of the triangular carry case along with the shirt clip and the right angled jack. Not sure if Bob is including Spinfit with these as mine didn't come with any, but I just used the Spinfits from my Sabre purchase. Didn't bother emailing Bob to check as I have the PM4 and Hunter coming as well, so figure I'll be knee deep in that particular type of tip by the time all the Phantom range has shipped! :wink:

Aug 18, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #452 of 755
My silver filters were in the webbing of the triangular carry case along with the shirt clip and the right angled jack. Not sure if Bob is including Spinfit with these as mine didn't come with any, but I just used the Spinfits from my Sabre purchase. Didn't bother emailing Bob to check as I have the PM4 and Hunter coming as well, so figure I'll be knee deep in that particular type of tip by the time all the Phantom range has shipped! :wink:

Aha! I need to check the case. Thanks.

Tips do not bother me much, as you are right - bob and co gave many extras with sabre :wink:

Aug 18, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #453 of 755
my spinfits where outside of the box wrapped in paper.....

Aug 18, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #455 of 755
I received mine this morning, one of the gold undamped filters has the rubber ring on the inside of the threads and one on the outside.
tongue.gif
The gunmetal filters do seem pretty muffled to me. Awesome package and value no doubt. I will keep listening.

Aug 18, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #456 of 755
Vyrus Arrived!

Impressions:

Ok, so off the bat, a great product with the best value I think you can find!  Hard to call this a budget IEM.

The fit!  I forget they are there all the time.  The advantage of that size is you just don't feel them.  So happy to see the edges smooth out, not that it would matter because of the small size.

The gunmetal filters with the silicone tips (I love the stock silicones) is a very fun sound, full, rich, and starts of with no neutral flatness.  The more balanced filter in my opinion.

I am one of the aberrants with hearing sensitivity in general, but especially in the upper frequencies and I have to say that the undamped gold filters married with the foam tips are my favorites and work so well, and even have a significant sparkle in this combination!
etysmile.gif
  Tingles nicely!

I felt the damped filters dampened maybe a little much for me, but that is where the foam tips do the job perfectly in my opinion, but though this may sound like a criticism, upon reflection I have to say that it gives you a very wide range of sound modification to choose from that, for me, hits the bullseye with the aforesaid sparkling combination.  Who doesn't prefer the comfort of foams?

A beautiful earphone system!

It is like an introduction to the delta vII's where they get to know echother's names and there are sparks/sparkles, and then the delta viI's sound really holds you by the hand and takes you inside
rolleyes.gif

Aug 18, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #457 of 755
My silver filters were in the webbing of the triangular carry case along with the shirt clip and the right angled jack. Not sure if Bob is including Spinfit with these as mine didn't come with any, but I just used the Spinfits from my Sabre purchase. Didn't bother emailing Bob to check as I have the PM4 and Hunter coming as well, so figure I'll be knee deep in that particular type of tip by the time all the Phantom range has shipped!
wink.gif

Mine came like yours JackP but I did get 2 sets of spinfits in a separate baggie however Bob's double flanges usually work for me or I go with me trusted Auvio's
wink_face.gif
All I can say about the Vyrus is they are freaking killer and a definite upgrade from the Hyperions, still a very small form factor shell with sound volume three times the shell size. You know Heart wrote a song about Bob probably before he was even cruising in diapers
eek.gif
Not sure what he's putting in his Tea but he truy is the Magic Man when it comes to making a fairly priced iem
biggrin.gif

Aug 18, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #460 of 755
I am really impressed by the balance of the silver undampened filters!

Excellent balance!  I was expecting something a little overly V-shaped, but damn, this is well balanced and the bass is well detailed.

I am overly impressed by the detail coming out of this IEM.  Amazing,  I am continuously reminded of it next to my car stereo or my Laptop.

And the purples:  They really allow the sound to expand the furthest, go figure
tongue.gif
.  And you can still hear the Bass in detail.  I really like the undamped purples with foam tips, but those damped purples pair very well with the silicones.  I can feel a very nice tingle of the synthesizer right now from them
etysmile.gif

WOW!  this is a versatile earphone system!
ksc75smile.gif

Congratulations BOB!  this is quite a feet!  Really amazing sound out of this one driver and small casing!

F@#$ I couldn't recommend a better IEM under 100$ and there is still a lot of change left over from that 100.

Aug 18, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #461 of 755
  I am really impressed by the balance of the silver undampened filters!

Excellent balance!  I was expecting something a little overly V-shaped, but damn, this is well balanced and the bass is well detailed.

I agree ! :p 

PS.
My vyrus reached at least 75 hours. the iem makes me immerse music :) 

Aug 18, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #465 of 755
Received my Vyrus earlier today in the western US. Really liking the small size for fit. Only one issue is I received 4 pair of the silver filters, (2 damped, 2 undamped), the gunmetal, and 1 gold undamped. But I don't mind as from the description in the review, I will always use the gold undamped anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back