Trinity Delta Review by mark2410
Apr 27, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #16 of 40
hi Mark

Thanks for all your awesome reviews in the past few years!

With the middle filter that you like, is the Detla better than the Hifiman Re-400?

Seems like the signatures are similar.

Edit: I see that you have referred to the RE-600, but only treble-wise, right?

Cheers.

Apr 29, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #17 of 40
  hi Mark

With the middle filter that you like, is the Detla better than the Hifiman Re-400?

Cheers.

hello.  so is it "better" than the 400, well no not really in audio terms.  i like the Delta more, with its more weighty sound and richer tone but i cant really say that its "better" unless you start to look outside audio, the build and such.  the Delta smashes the 400 there.

compared to the 600, the 600 is just plain better.  the 600 is better than just about everything so long as you hook it up to a powerstation.  then its one of the very best IEM's of all time, it really is.  its build though means you still want to baby it a little.  the Delta is much more user friendly and source friendly.  tonally with the dark filter they share a similar signature, rich, warm, gently tamed in the highs, etc etc.  the Delta offers a much more friendly build and you can hook it up to pretty much anything and itll be great the 600 can go much further but like i say, it needs oodle of power to be its best.

Oct 7, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #20 of 40
Mark

I believe I have a similar preference for mids and dislike for aggressive treble.  How would you compare the DN-1000 to the Deltas?  

ye which is better?

Oct 8, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #21 of 40
  Mark

I believe I have a similar preference for mids and dislike for aggressive treble.  How would you compare the DN-1000 to the Deltas?  

ye which is better?

well right off neither is really "better" than the other.  they are different and close enough in abilities that you pick on preferences not because one is markedly better tahn the other.

the 1000 is more level.  kinda WWWWW shaped but mostly even, maybe little bit aV shaped compared with how the Deltas are when you use its bassy filter.  so for me i prefer the Delta with that tame treble with if you swap filters you can open and lighten iy up a fair bit too and make in more 1000 like.  then if thats what your after i think the triple drivered 1000 then starts to make more forthright use of the mid driver and the treble being a bit more articulate and clarity giving but........... personally id take the bassy filtered Delta.  its smoother, richer and just plain nicer on my ears.

i assume youve both read my DN-1000 review too?

honest at this level they both are great sounding and its entirely down to your personal  inclinations.  the 1000 is the more general ist, though i find its sound band things stupid and i never use them its a great generalist.  the Delta is at its best with the bassy filter but offors marked alterations with the filters being swapped.  sooooooo if you going to swap filters the Delta may be the more versitile for you but swapping in a pain i feel.  if you want a more genaraly pleasing the 1000 is probably the way to go being the more even.  like a say though, i find the Deltas more personaly ear pleasing.

Oct 16, 2015 at 6:05 AM Post #22 of 40

hi Mark

Cheers.

I own both, and I would say the Deltas are significantly superior. The re-400s are incredibly overhyped, I must confess.

They have a wonderful midrange, and they have a nice even response across the frequency range. But they are really bass-shy, their soundstage is rather small, and they are not lively on top either. Whoever says that the re-400s are 'just right' in the bass department are utterly fooling themselves or others. They have very little impact, and also a bit rolled off on top. They are ultimately very dull and lifeless, I think.

The Deltas have a lush midrange, much more treble energy, tighter and more impactful bass, a wider soundstage, separation, imaging, a much better build, an intriguing filter system to boot. Their tonality is also much livelier without sounding sibilant or artificial. The re-400s sacrifice everything to its midrange, making it sound neutral, but extremely unnatural to me. It's a no brainer, I think. And this is coming from someone who loved the hd-600 as his full size can, over his Fidelio X1! I also own the vsd3s, which is much less refined than either the re-400s or Deltas, but are also funner than the Hifimans. The Deltas are, however, pretty amazing, and blow them out of the water.

Oct 16, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #23 of 40
fidue a73 vs trinity delta, go

Oct 16, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #25 of 40
Wish I had heard them. Heard some good things from some members! Brooko seems to think the Deltas are much better.

yup but ive read another review and its opposite, that its close but not better.

Nov 20, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #26 of 40
The Delta certainly sounds more impressive. However, the mids on the re-400 seem to be at least as good, AND it may just be that the re-400 has a bit more fidelity to the ambiance of the recording studio.

Nov 20, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #28 of 40
  The Delta certainly sounds more impressive. However, the mids on the re-400 seem to be at least as good, AND it may just be that the re-400 has a bit more fidelity to the ambiance of the recording studio.

The re-400s have wonderful mids indeed. But the bass response is simply unacceptable, and its cavernous soundstage really makes the presentation sound lifeless. Not to mention build quality...

Most overrated iems ever, imo. I own them, and they basically get no listening time anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back