Tried the Mangird Tea. What next?
Sep 12, 2020 at 11:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

silent-circuit

Headphoneus Supremus
The Tea isn't bad at all, but it's not comfortable long term, is too treble forward for me (I am admittedly sensitive), and I would hope for more at the ~300usd price point.

What's out there?

Sep 15, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #2 of 10
The Tea isn't bad at all, but it's not comfortable long term, is too treble forward for me (I am admittedly sensitive), and I would hope for more at the ~300usd price point.

What's out there?
A lot, what are you looking for? What are the main strengths that are important to you?

Sep 15, 2020 at 4:00 PM Post #3 of 10
A lot, what are you looking for? What are the main strengths that are important to you?

I can't handle piercing highs or sylibance, as a rule, but I want something with present, detailed treble. So that can be challenging.

Most headphones and speakers I enjoy are fairly balanced / flat in tone and frequency response. I don't normally EQ, and I've never been there kind of person to use bass boost.

Sep 15, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #4 of 10
I can't handle piercing highs or sylibance, as a rule, but I want something with present, detailed treble. So that can be challenging.

Most headphones and speakers I enjoy are fairly balanced / flat in tone and frequency response. I don't normally EQ, and I've never been there kind of person to use bass boost.
Could you perhaps provide examples of some speakers and HPs whose general sound signatures you would like to match? What budget? A lot of bass, moderate, or very neutral?

The Mangird Tea really isn‘t a bright IEM with regards to treble. In fact, the treble is quite subdued in some areas. It may be the upper mids that are bothering you. Even the mids are not boosted, but has a whole, they are prominent b/c there is little mid bass.

Sep 15, 2020 at 10:02 PM Post #5 of 10
Could you perhaps provide examples of some speakers and HPs whose general sound signatures you would like to match? What budget? A lot of bass, moderate, or very neutral?

The Mangird Tea really isn‘t a bright IEM with regards to treble. In fact, the treble is quite subdued in some areas. It may be the upper mids that are bothering you. Even the mids are not boosted, but has a whole, they are prominent b/c there is little mid bass.

For headphones, I really enjoy the Audio Technica ATH-R70X and Denon AH-D7200. Also love the Sendy AIVA, but they're bass shy. I do not care for the Focal Elegia so far - giving them another week or two, but will probably be returning.

As far as speakers, my main speakers are Martin Logan reQuests and I love them. The JBL 305P Mk2 are also really good for their size / price and are used in my bedroom setup.

Sep 15, 2020 at 11:00 PM Post #6 of 10
Perhaps some IEMs to consider would be:
- Moondrop Blessing 2
- Etymotic ER4 or ER2
- NF Audio NA2, NM2, or NM2+
- Tanchjim Oxygen
- ISN D02
- ISN H40
- Penon Orb

Pricier options:
- Mofasest Trio
- Shuoer EJ07
- ThieAudio Clairvoyance
- Fearless S8 (there are 3 different variants)

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #7 of 10
I had relegated my Mangird Tea to the (I don't listen to these) pile for some time because I thought the bass was a bit lacking for my tastes and the highs too forward and shrill like you.

I don't know what prompted me to do this, but I recently substituted the (smaller bore) Final E tips for the (larger bore) Sedna Earfit tips I was using and wow! What a difference! I find them hard to put down now. It's like a completely different IEM.

I don't know if you've tried tip rolling on your Tea, but I wanted to add my two cents.

Although looking at the date of this thread, you've probably sold them.

Jan 17, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #8 of 10
I had relegated my Mangird Tea to the (I don't listen to these) pile for some time because I thought the bass was a bit lacking for my tastes and the highs too forward and shrill like you.

I don't know what prompted me to do this, but I recently substituted the (smaller bore) Final E tips for the (larger bore) Sedna Earfit tips I was using and wow! What a difference! I find them hard to put down now. It's like a completely different IEM.

I don't know if you've tried tip rolling on your Tea, but I wanted to add my two cents.

Although looking at the date of this thread, you've probably sold them.

Yeah, sold them on.

Much happier with the Oxygen and FIBAE 4.

Tempted to start building up a range of tips as I keep hearing they can make such a big difference.

Jun 27, 2021 at 3:24 AM Post #9 of 10
Anyone here want to trade their Mangird Tea with Like New LZ A7?

Mar 23, 2022 at 8:55 PM Post #10 of 10

What's out there?
You would hope for more than the tea at $300. 😂😂😂

I'm guessing you haven't tried other iems over $1000 or even $2000 that performs less.

If you find something better in that price range please let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back