Tried the Beats by Dr. Dre SOLOs today
Apr 10, 2012 at 7:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mms6

Head-Fier
I trid the Beats Solos today and was not very impressed especially at the price range of $200 +taxes..

Too much low bass response (esp bass guitar) overpower everything even the drums...(depends on the music though)

The bass drums is not very well defined, hence no impact.. High frequencies and some higher mids are overshadowed by the bass.

I also played back some piano arrangements, only have piano, and there is some quite audible distortions especially at higher octaves..

I used the Beats Solos with my Fiio E10 on my ASS G74SX laptop.

I popped out my almost 10 years old Panasonic RP-HT227 monitor headphones lol... I bought them for around $14 after taxes back in 2004. These cheapo Panasonics has already burned in to around 1000+ hours.

I find the bass response is very similar to what you get in the old Panasonic RP-HT227 headphones. And of course the Panasonic RP-HT227 has cheapy build quality.

But of course the Panasonic RP-HT227 at around $10 to $15 which is fine for the price....

I would not want to buy pair of Solos at $200.. Might buy it if the Beats Solos are $20 just for the styling...

I'll stick to my Q701s, CD900sts for open, and K271 mkII and my old M50s for closed phones when I am drumming...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back