tri-flange for IE7/IE8
Jan 29, 2009 at 10:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Nocturnal310

Headphoneus Supremus
how many have tried tri-flange with the IE series?

i think it ll make bass sound more refined compared to bi-flange....bi-flange gives me a perfect seal ..but i noticed the bass gets overpowering with it.

any idea where i can find tri-flange?

how do u buy eartips btw?...all i find in stores are silicone tips.

Jan 29, 2009 at 11:26 AM Post #2 of 13
I've tried the bi-flange things that come in the box? No tip out of the box gives me any sort of seal. I've not tried a tri-flange, I did have some from when I bought my SE530's but can't find them
frown.gif
Not sure how I'd mod them.

I got seal on my IE8 for about an hour last night and they were simply brilliant, the seal lasted for an hour until I took them out to answer the phone. As soon as I tried to put them back in - Couldn't get it again
frown.gif
That was with a self made foam tip.

I've just bought some T400 comply's for them, for £15, I hope to god they work. I'm losing the will to live with these IE8's, I know they're brilliant, but it's neigh on impossible for me to get a seal do to their shape and size.

Jan 29, 2009 at 4:15 PM Post #4 of 13
^okay.

hey btw..someone posted that using Comply tips with IE series can damage their bore.

otherwise i liked Comply tips with UM2 and SF5 Pro.

Jan 29, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mors /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've tried the bi-flange things that come in the box? No tip out of the box gives me any sort of seal. I've not tried a tri-flange, I did have some from when I bought my SE530's but can't find them
frown.gif
Not sure how I'd mod them.

I got seal on my IE8 for about an hour last night and they were simply brilliant, the seal lasted for an hour until I took them out to answer the phone. As soon as I tried to put them back in - Couldn't get it again
frown.gif
That was with a self made foam tip.

I've just bought some T400 comply's for them, for £15, I hope to god they work. I'm losing the will to live with these IE8's, I know they're brilliant, but it's neigh on impossible for me to get a seal do to their shape and size.

remember to let us know how you get on with them. i too have trouble getting a great fit with my IE7. its ok with the big bi flange but not as good as id hope

Jan 29, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^okay.

hey btw..someone posted that using Comply tips with IE series can damage their bore.

otherwise i liked Comply tips with UM2 and SF5 Pro.

damage to the outer side of the nozzle?

otto

Jan 29, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #7 of 13
The Comply T-400s are the only tip I have that works with my IE8s. I have no outer nozzle damage, they fit fine.

I was thinking of trying the Sony gels that are made for the EX700, but at over $40 for a set, I am hesitant, as if they don't go in my ears deep enough, I wasted $40.

The Comply T-400s are a little longer than any of the included tips, and seem to sit out further than the included tips.

Oh, and I have triple flanges, but the opening is too small for the IE8s and stretching them to fit doesn't produce good sound.

IMG_2161.jpg

IMG_2162.jpg

IMG_2163.jpg

Jan 29, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #8 of 13
@average joe:
I'm currently using the large bi-flange with my IE8. Would you suggest even tho. the difference in size? I think the comply says they will expand of heat?

Thanks for the pics,btw

Otto

Jan 29, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ottoyu34 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@average joe:
I'm currently using the large bi-flange with my IE8. Would you suggest even tho. the difference in size? I think the comply says they will expand of heat?

Thanks for the pics,btw

Otto

For me, none of the supplied tips work, so it is a necessity for me to use the Complys to enjoy the IE8s. The reason they fit is because they are bigger and sit further out on the nozzle. You may want to try them to see...for a IEM of this quality, the extra money for the Complys is probably worth it.

Jan 29, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #11 of 13
how much did u get the complys for?

seems like i ll have to get a pair too

Jan 30, 2009 at 8:46 AM Post #13 of 13
^ nice..

do they come in Black?

bi-flange is a perfect fit..but its stiff n hard on the skin.

comply sounds promising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back