Trevor Network Dynahi
Jun 22, 2007 at 12:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

randerson3024

Owns the ultimate portable rig
I recently bought a Trevor Network Dynahi amplifer from a private seller on Audiogon. The box finally arrived on the ship, but the amplifier is in bad shape. The body is made completely out of plexiglass, and a portion of the bottom piece that holds the transformer is smashed in. I did a Google search and found nothing specific to this amp. I would like to return it to the manufacturer for repairs. So far, the seller has not returned answered my email. If anyone has any advice, I would be grateful.

Cheers,

Bob

Jun 22, 2007 at 12:24 PM Post #4 of 13
Dynahi is a DIY design and I cannot imagine someone house such an amp in a plastic container!!! I use to have one and let me tell you, even with those super sized heatsinks, the metal case was super hot to the touch
wink.gif
If I were you I would send the amp to a reputable builder and have the thing recased.

gl!

Jun 22, 2007 at 12:27 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dynahi is a DIY design and I cannot imagine someone house such an amp in a plastic container!!! I use to have one and let me tell you, even with those super sized heatsinks, the metal case was super hot to the touch
wink.gif
If I were you I would send the amp to a reputable builder and have the thing recased.

gl!

Thanks. I know enough about electronics to possible repair it, if I do, I will certainly house it in something else. What a bummer
frown.gif
I do appreciate the advice.

Jun 22, 2007 at 1:22 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by randerson3024 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would like to return it to the manufacturer for repairs.

Bob

Dear Bob,

If I were you I would erase completly this possibility. I think the police are still looking for Trevor...(the sad thing is that I'm not even joking here...
eek.gif
)

Amicalement

Jun 22, 2007 at 1:26 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Genetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dear Bob,

If I were you I would erase completly this possibility. I think the police is still looking for Trevor...(the sad thing is that I'm not even joking here...
eek.gif
)

Amicalement

This just gets better and better...................thanks for the tip.
frown.gif

Jun 22, 2007 at 1:51 PM Post #8 of 13
Trevor Network was a work of art- unlike his amp. He’s banned from Head-Fi for good reason. I don’t know what the Statute of Limitations is in Canada but yeah “I think the police are still looking for Trevor”.

It’s a DIY amp based on a published design so your best bet is to post in the DIY Forum. There were several builds of the Dynahi so people there should be able to help you.

Sorry about your surprise.

Mitch

Jun 22, 2007 at 2:25 PM Post #9 of 13
Interesting, after reading the thread here, shipping damage was my main concern, and the reason I didn't make an offer on that amp myself.

I still think that it would be a good idea to see if it functions, and, if it sounds good, put it in a new enclosure.

Also, I hate to be the first to ask, but any pics?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 22, 2007 at 2:37 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by riffer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting, after reading the thread here, shipping damage was my main concern, and the reason I didn't make an offer on that amp myself.

I still think that it would be a good idea to see if it functions, and, if it sounds good, put it in a new enclosure.

Also, I hate to be the first to ask, but any pics?
smily_headphones1.gif

I just bought a new laptop, so I will have to install all the software. I will post some pics tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and concerns. Bummer,
frown.gif
, at least it's not my primary amp.

Jun 23, 2007 at 12:40 PM Post #12 of 13
The part about trevornetwork actually comitting fraud in canada
is definitely true. You are not likely to find him and if you do he
will never fix it for you.

This was one of his later units, and actually held together much
better than others i have seen. At the time after seeing the first
one of these fall completely appart i tried to get him to stop using
plexiglas, but to no avail.

The boards were stuffed with high quality parts, so if you can find