Trends UD-10 USB DAC?
Feb 27, 2007 at 6:20 AM Post #3 of 12
I found that thread after I posted my original one using google, it didn't come up on the forum search. But it mainly deals the UD-10 as a transport, I'm interested in it as a DAC.

I want to get a small DAC to use with my PC at home and with my lappy on the road. The DAC would feed my supermini. I'm considering:

DAC in the Box - $100
Trend UD-10 - $150
Fubar II - $225
Spitfire - $300

What do people think?

Feb 27, 2007 at 12:31 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by coemaudio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hello redrich2000!

the Trends UD-10 isn't a DAC, it only outputs digital signals.

That's not true, the UD-10 has an analogue out. Given you sell competing products I think you should at least disclose that and its problematic for you post misleading information even if it was unintentional.

Feb 27, 2007 at 12:55 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by redrich2000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's not true, the UD-10 has an analogue out. Given you sell competing products I think you should at least disclose that and its problematic for you post misleading information even if it was unintentional.

sorry about that redrich2000, I assumed you were talking about line-level outputs. I haven't read anything about the headphone outputs either, but I assume it would sound very similar to other products that use the PCM2700 series chipsets. I might do a comparison with my Behringer UCA202 when I receive my UD-10.

Feb 27, 2007 at 1:19 PM Post #8 of 12
How about Alien DAC for about $100?

Quote:

I found that thread after I posted my original one using google, it didn't come up on the forum search. But it mainly deals the UD-10 as a transport, I'm interested in it as a DAC.

I want to get a small DAC to use with my PC at home and with my lappy on the road. The DAC would feed my supermini. I'm considering:

DAC in the Box - $100
Trend UD-10 - $150
Fubar II - $225
Spitfire - $300

What do people think?

Feb 27, 2007 at 1:39 PM Post #10 of 12
When I had mine...I ordered it from MisterX, in this forum. Alien DAC is USB based DAC. It's powered by USB bus...so no additional wire was required. It's also very quiet DAC...and very portable (little bigger than a credit card size).

Quote:

Don't know much about the Alien DAC but I'm in Australia so I'm not sure how I'd get one and the postage would probably kill me.

Feb 28, 2007 at 4:53 AM Post #12 of 12
The Entech would cost USD$35 to ship out here. Which would mean all it up it would cost me about AUD$170. How would it compare against the Fubar II at $225 or the Spitfire at $300?

Also do you have the dimensions of the entech?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back