Trends Audio UD-10.1 Released
Aug 3, 2007 at 7:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

xenithon

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi all. For all Trends Audio fans, I just read a bit of news that a new version of their interface has been released: the UD-10.1

Here is the marketing blurb:

Surpassing the previous version, the UD-10.1 has upgraded the board to version 1.1 with new USB B type socket and provides a high-end type A to type B cable. New version applied audiophile grade materials and electronic components, including the high-quality Japanese/Korean precise SMD resistors and capacitors. Besides reducing the space, it also reduces the resident inductance (relative to DIP components).

The power filtering and decoupling is using Sanyo OS-CON solid-state electrolyte capacitors. The analog signal decoupling and coupling are using ELNA Silmic electrolyte capacitors and WIMA MKP10 film capacitors. Trends UD-10.1 can link a PC/Mac with coaxial, optical and standard AES/EBU (110 Ohm via XLR) and S/PDIF (75 Ohm via RCA or BNC). This permits a PC/Mac to essentially impersonate a high-end digital-playback device, such as a high-end music DVD or CD player.

The PC/Mac can also pass digitally encoded signals into a receiver or signal pre-processor/pre-amplifier for high-end audiophile applications.

So, who's taking one for the team?
biggrin.gif

Aug 3, 2007 at 7:19 PM Post #2 of 4
Honestly it doesn't seem too different from the current version.

Aug 26, 2007 at 11:00 AM Post #3 of 4
Has anyone tried the improved version yet? I'm thinking on getting one (either the previous one or this) to serve as a transport to my Lavry DA-10.

Cheers.

Nov 5, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #4 of 4
I ordered one just today. I wonder if they have fixed the battery pack charger problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back