Trekstor VibeZ: reviews/comments
Mar 16, 2007 at 2:08 PM Post #46 of 49
I've had my Vibez for about 3 months now and I've been very happy with it. My main reason for getting it was the native support of gapless playback and FLAC. I also like how it looks so totally different from other DAPs. I don't mind the wheel at all but I do find I often miss hitting the center select button.

Just now, my Vibez gained another level of respect. I just received a pair of Yuin's PK1s. For those who may not know about these - they are cheap looking earbuds that just sound incredible. It is almost laughable the level of SQ these things put out in relation to how they look. The problem with them is they are high impedance earbuds and require an amp. Or so I thought. When I first tried the PK1s at the NYC meet, I had them plugged into my Cowon F2 and had to jack the sound all the way to get to listenable levels. I've been listening to them at home through my iMod/Hornet combo (absolutely fantastic synergy here, by the way). I just plugged them into my Vibez and lo and behold the Vibez are driving them pretty easily. I'm at volume level 13 and thoroughly enjoying them. I'm impressed! Now I'm set for my upcoming plane trip in April. The Vibez/PK1 combo will be for my hotel room/poolside listening.

Well this turned into a long post!
blink.gif

Jul 1, 2007 at 4:57 AM Post #48 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by lolos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any direct comparison to the meizu m6 or the clix2?

I'm basically deciding between the Vibez and Clix2. So any comparisons would be appreciated.

Jul 1, 2007 at 5:58 AM Post #49 of 49
Sound quality in comparison to an Ipod through its headphone out is good but is on par with the performance attainable with either the IRiver H1xx/H3xx or Iaudio X5.

The main gripe I have with the Trekstor is the fact that the hard drive sound leaks into the phones if you are using sensitive IEMs--I have heard it using Shure SE210 and it is even more prominent using Shure E4. Very noticeable and very irritating but tends to occur at the beginning of tracks while the buffer is being filled.

Interface and look of the actual player is top notch. Considered sticking with one but recently bought a Kenwood HD30GB9 which, in terms of sound quality, absolutely smokes the Trekstor (and any other non-amp'd DAP for that matter).

El Duderino

Users who are viewing this thread

Back