Traveling with portable set-up and amp
Aug 27, 2002 at 2:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

reynman

500+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone!

I wanted to know what your experiences were with airline travel with your portable set-up with an amp. I ask because I will be going to NYC in a few days for the US Open. I was thinking of bringing my MD and my TA, along with my Beyer 250-80 for some isolation.

Do I leave my portable gear in the Caselogic bag and in my backpack or should I just let my Caselogic bag go through the detector by itself?

My fear is that the TA would be confiscated by security.

Please advise, thanks.

Regards - reynman

Aug 27, 2002 at 3:03 AM Post #2 of 8
Well, I haven't had a problem with my MD and JMT mint tin amp sitting in compartments in my carry-on bag. I just let them go through the x-ray scanner. In fact, I forgot that I left a pair of nail clippers in my bag once and they made me turn those over without even asking about the amp.

Michael

Aug 27, 2002 at 2:40 PM Post #5 of 8
But Rey,you LOOK like a terrorist.

Aug 27, 2002 at 2:50 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

I second that!!
biggrin.gif

Aug 27, 2002 at 3:40 PM Post #7 of 8
I have never had any problems. Once in a while they will have you demonstrate that it works. Just let it go through the x-ray and you should not have any problems.

Aug 27, 2002 at 4:26 PM Post #8 of 8
Thanks for all your replies. I will keep the Caselogic bag and the Beyers in the backpack.

Quote:

As for Tuberoller and acid - LOL!!! My people shall rise over this oppression! (he-he-he)
wink.gif

No love for the reynman!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back