traveler question
Jan 14, 2002 at 7:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

kelly

Herr Babelfish der Übersetzer, he wore a whipped-cream-covered tutu for this title.
I've looked at the Traveler bag on Headroom's site and can't determine from looking at it. Are these things designed to hold the headphones in addtion to the amp, pcdp, etc. or not? They don't look big enough to hold the Sennheisers pictured with them?

Thanks

Kelly

Jan 14, 2002 at 8:45 AM Post #2 of 6
Kelly,

The only phones you could actually put in the Traveler bag would be designs like the Etys, KSC-35s, earbuds, or folding VITE type phones.

smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 14, 2002 at 3:52 PM Post #3 of 6
Thanks, Rick. Looks like I'm going to be auditioning camcorder bags, then. If I could only find one that had a zip out bottom for the power cords.

Kelly

Jan 15, 2002 at 9:01 PM Post #4 of 6
But, Kelly, Rick and I can tell you that traveler bag is so perfectly tight if you have a Supreme or Cosmic. The side pockets are designed to hold the 4 D-cell battery pack and I couldn't have done it better myself. It's worth it just to have that heavy battery pack all tucked away safely and not knocking around in a too-large pocket.

And yes, the rear zip out for all the connections is a major issue if you are trading from wall wart to batteries as many times in the day as I do.

I would find a way to carry larger headphones elsewhere in order to have the traveler case for my Cosmic. And I'm glad there's no large phone pocket, it would make the case too large.

BUT--if you go for a camcorder case, let me know what you decided on. I'd like to see the setup.

Steven in Dallas

Jan 16, 2002 at 2:37 PM Post #6 of 6
Unfortunately, as you may have seen from my random posts in the other groups, the component list has gotten probably too large for the Traveler anyway now. At this point I'm looking at a CDP (Sony EJ01 if I find a good deal), Monarchy DIP, ART DI/O and Corda HA-1 -- powerline driven but totable. I agree that the traveler seems great for those of you who have a Cosmic and listen to it on the go, though.

Kelly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back