traveler bag - improving cd storage...?
Jul 2, 2002 at 3:03 AM Post #16 of 25
well i didn't want to complain but where the hell can you fit a paperback?

is that the little zippered pocket in the "pouch" that goes under the amp??

if you didn't put cd's you could fit a decent sized paperback.

matthew
confused.gif

Jul 2, 2002 at 3:15 AM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by matthewd5
well i didn't want to complain but where the hell can you fit a paperback?

is that the little zippered pocket in the "pouch" that goes under the amp??

if you didn't put cd's you could fit a decent sized paperback.

matthew
confused.gif

It is actually the zippered pocket under the handle on the back of the bag. When you have filled up the bag, almost nothing fits in there. I have traveled with the Little Brown Edition of Salinger's books (the classic ones that are white with orange stripes...), and none of them are more than a half inch thick and six inches long, and they haven't fit. Let alone trying to cram in your average history paperback or russian novel...

Jul 2, 2002 at 3:33 AM Post #18 of 25
The Cosmic must be thicker than the Grado (@ 1 3/4 inches), or your case is thick. I usually carry 10-12 CDS in double sided loose sleeves. I punched a hole in the left hand corner and inserted a small ring to keep them together. I have my wallet in the zippered section (it's thin) and a paperback in the slit. Last trip's read was Terry McMillan's novel, A Day Late and A Dollar Short - 464 pages. There was probably an inch that stuck out at the top.

Jul 2, 2002 at 8:05 AM Post #19 of 25
My case is admittedly thick -- 12 single sided sleeves inside a leather case. Then again, the traveler bag could be improved by loosening the back pocket. There is plenty of room to expand outward (giving it more room would not make any part of the rest of the bag tighter, because it is an external pocket. Loosen it a little and you could fit lots in it without a problem. Otherwise I think the traveler bag is pretty near perfect.
BTW, that little zipper bag on the inside is for coiling up loose headphone wire...or so sayeth Todd.

Jul 2, 2002 at 11:56 AM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by stuartr
BTW, that little zipper bag on the inside is for coiling up loose headphone wire...or so sayeth Todd.

Darn bag has a place for everything!!
wink.gif

Jul 2, 2002 at 9:59 PM Post #21 of 25
A bit late on this but...the loops on the hinge side of the PCDP pocket and on the back of the top lid near the haul loop are, what we affectionately call, ribbon tabs. If you hold onto them while closing/opening the zipper it is supposed to make it easier to move and cause less tweeking on the zipper coil, but hey, you can hang stuff off of them too....
biggrin.gif

Jul 3, 2002 at 7:02 PM Post #23 of 25
i love my traveler bag, it seems that almost as much work goes into this bag as the amp itself...

how about improving the pictures on the website so they show little arrows to each section/feature and a few words about what their for?

if i hadn't seen tyll's bag with the cosmic it might have taken a little while to figure it all out.

matthew

Jul 4, 2002 at 12:15 AM Post #25 of 25
I've had my traveler bag for over a year now and I love it! I use it (no exaggeration) every day and have even begun to wear holes in the bottom corners. While reading this thread I had just a few random thoughts:

1) While I'm comfortable enough with my manhood to openly call it a man-purse, I have yet to run out and purchase a pair of man-clogs.
very_evil_smiley.gif

2) Older pictures on the Headroom site use to show the bag with a huge Headroom logo on the top of the bag - very cool - but I think it was just a proto-type and too expensive to produce.

3) The amp I use is the Grado RA-1, which I (until recently) kept in the top section right under the CD player. I could hear all sorts of digital noise (especially as the CD track info was being read) with this setup but recently solved that by putting the amp in the lower section and inserting a piece of sheet metal in the zippered pocket that divides the two halves of the main bag compartment.

4) Listener magazine (reminds me of the "Cricket" magazine I use to get as a kid - same size) is almost a perfect fit for the bag - unfortunately I gave up on that magazine a few issues ago.

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back